On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, A 300-Earth-year-old symbiont that has had ten Trill hosts:
  1. Lela Dax, legislator and one of the first women to be named a council member.
  2. Tobin Dax, an engineer.
  3. Emony Dax, a gymnast. She once met Leonard McCoy.
  4. Audrid Dax, head of the Trill Symbiosis Commission.
  5. Torias Dax, was critially injured in a shuttle accident less than a year after joining and died after laying comotose for over six months.
  6. Joran Dax, a murderer, not listed as a host in the official records.
  7. Curzon Dax, an ambassador, officially the sixth host as Joran is not listed as a host in the records.
  8. Jadzia Dax, a science officer aboard the Deep Space 9.
  9. Verad Dax, for a couple hours, having stolen the symbiote from Jadzia. Dax was returned to Jadzia in time to save her.
  10. Ezri Dax, a counselor, also serving about Deep Space 9.

Haddock reminds me that Yedrin Dax was the host of the Dax symbiont in the alternate future in the episode Children of Time (DS9).


Dax, son of Kang, was also a Klingon. He was named after his godfather, Curzon Dax. He was killed via a genetic virus when very young. The perpetrator was an alien known as The Albino. Kang, Curzon Dax, Koloth, and Kor swore a Klingon blood oath to get revenge and later the three Klingons along with Jadzia Dax fulfilled that task. (Blood Oath (DS9))

Despite being a DS9 character (personally I find Ezri better than Jadzia) the DAX (Deutscher Aktien Index) is also a German stock index. The DAX, sometimes also referred to as DAX30, contains Germany's 30 biggest companies. The DAX can be compared to the US-American Dow Jones, as it, too, only contains the biggest and most stable companies and so is a good indicator for the economy of Germany. Just like the United States Germany has a "New Economy" index. In Germany it is called Neuer Markt (new market) and it is much easier for companies to enter one of the Neuer Markt indices than the DAX30.

The DAX was founded 1988 but the index itself existed before as it was released by a German newspaper (Börsenzeitung). The DAX is controlled by the Deutsche Börse, a private company, which controls the Frankfurter stock market (the third biggest stock market after the NYSE and the NASDAQ), the EUREX and the electronic stock exchange system XETRA. During the internet boom, the value of the DAX exploded, and had a high point way above 7000 Points (1988 it started at 1000 Points), but at the moment it moves between 4000 and 5000 Points.

Although the DAX should reflect the strength of the German economy it doesn't really as it mainly mirrors movements of the Dow. Economical data of the companies only plays a secondary role as the market in New York decides about the major movements.

Here's a list of all the 30 companies in the DAX:
ADIDAS-SALOMON AG
ALLIANZ AG
BASF AG
BAYER AG
BAYERISCHE HYPO- UND VEREINSBANK
BAYERISCHE MOTOREN WERKE AG(BMW)
COMMERZBANK AG
DAIMLERCHRYSLER AG
DEGUSSA AG
DEUTSCHE BANK AG
DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG
DEUTSCHE POST AG
DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
E.ON AG
EPCOS AG
FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG
HENKEL KGAA
INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES AG
LINDE AG
MAN AG
MARSCHOLLEK, LAUTENSCHL.
METRO AG
MUENCHENER RUECKVERSICHERUNGS-GESELLSCHAFT
PREUSSAG AG
RWE AG
SAP AG
SCHERING AG
SIEMENS AG
THYSSENKRUPP AG
VOLKSWAGEN AG

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.