I made the best lunch today. I'm trying to be really careful leading up to Christmas, and already feeling somewhat less than peak health, so I came home and made soup.
- 1 cake of rice vermicelli
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1/4 capsicum, thinly sliced
- small piece of basa fillet, diced
- curry powder. No, I'm not telling you how much.
- Chinese cooking wine, like a splash
- 2 cups vegetable stock
Just stick it all in the microwave for about three minutes.
This makes up for the terrible kitchen fail last night, when Minininja (aged 10) said, "Mum, the class party is tomorrow!" Turns out no, that particular recipe for gingerbread does not convert into a gluten free version with any success. It wasn't bad. It just tasted like... dry biscuit dough.