I ended up sleeping through much of today because I'm out of one of my expensive meds for my broken brain. The good thing is I tend to have longer dreams.

I've always had lucid dreams where I'm aware of what is going on and I can change something that I don't like. I have what I call "movie dreams", which are complete movies or scenes where there is a full three-act structure. They're in color and have nothing to do with what is going on in my meatspace world. It's exceptionally rare if someone I actually know is in the dream. Most of the people are akin to non-player characters in AD&D or actual actors I've never seen before.

The most memorable dream today was a science fiction war movie. It takes place on a different planet (the sky was pink with two suns) and it involved the usual fighting the enemy to retrieve some metal box they had stolen. Lots of fun, danger, shooting of lasers, and yes, we did retrieve the metal maguffin.

The rather sad thing is I still haven't had a call from two of my kids. The third I had called instead of waiting because I wanted to thank her for a canvas photo of me and my two grandkids. It's hanging up next to my mom's picture.

Well, only two minutes left for the 26th in my time zone, so let me say thanks for visiting and it was nice to be able to talk to someone.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.