Boxing Day ho!

We went for a walk after presents and cinnamon rolls and eggs benedict. In the evening we played Settlers of Catan. My son is completely bloodthirsty and wins. We have the pirate expansion and are just figuring it out. I bought stuff when I was starting my wobbly recovery from the worst of the pneumonia. It is a weird phase where I am so glad not to have croaked and I need to get out of the house. I tend to go to garage sales but I hit some local stores too. So, my Christmas shopping was mostly back in June and July and it was interesting to see what I'd gotten. My daughter travels super light, so she got some meme card game. The silly games that take up more room will live with my son and daughter-in-law.

My daughter is supposed to fly back to her state on the first of January. She has decided not to check re cancellations until the day before. It's looking a bit iffy, right? I was giving it 50/50 that we'd make it here. I am supposed to stay in to January, but tell my son and daughter-in-law cheerfully that they may be stuck with me longer because Omicron.

I hope you made it to family or had a joyous unfamily Kwanza Solstice Christmas whatever. I'm just going to celebrate all of it and also Not Being Dead.

Today the plan is indoor climbing, I think, bouldering. I don't think my muscles will cooperate, so I may be photographer, old lady with book who sits there or whatever.

Cat and house sitter says cats are just fine. Good! I miss them, but was able to stay up last night to play with my son's and DIL's pets, Rorshack and Couscous. The house plants have names, because past pets are interred under each one. This is interesting and slightly creepy. I like it.

https://onehundredpages.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/the-gashlycrumb-tinies-a-very-gorey-alphabet-book/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.