An Australian pop singer and songwriter, Delta Goodrem was born on October 9th, 1984. She has been labelled as 'Australia's own Britney Spears' but doesn't quite match up to her yet. Hailing from Sydney, Delta has been in the music business since she was 8. At 13 she was discovered by Glenn Wheatley, who is also John Farnham's manager.

So far she has released a single called 'I don't care' which was written by the same person who wrote Christina Aguilera's 'Genie in a Bottle'. Her voice is rather strong for her age and it looks like she may do well in the Australian charts in the coming years. She has also recently signed a deal to appear on Aussie soap Neighbours -- the same tv show pop-diva Kylie Minogue used to star on.

Delta Goodrem is an Australian teen icon. Pop artist and soap opera performer in the successful and long running show Neighbours playing Nina Tucker in Erinsborough high.

The aussie soap star has used this as a jumping stone to reach stardom, performing and rating highly are her singles born to try, innocent eyes.

The 18 year old pianist has been writing music since a young age. Blessed with a powerful voice Delta, in her youth continues to delight fans.

At 18 years of age, she was diagnosed with cancer, rather Hodgkin's disease. She constantly reassured her beloved fans of her positive prognosis. Luckily enough, the cancer was detected early so she has good odds in terms of health.

Thousands of fans offered get well cards and their hearts as the Australian star continues her battle. This news shocked the Australian nation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.