Rock and Roll band. Most famous for the songs "Layla" (yes, that was not just Eric Clapton) and "Bell Bottom Blues"

The Lineup:
Carl Radle- Bass
Jim Gordon - Drums
Bobby Whitlock- keyboards/vocals
Eric Clapton- guitar/vocals
Duanne Allman- guitar Clapton saw Duane playing with the Allman Brothers Band and invited him to contribute to the "Layla" recording sessions.

Derek and the Dominoes only cut one album, Layla and other Assorted Love Songs, if you don't count "Live at the Fillmore", where they played songs from "Layla".

The Dominoes came to America (Miami, specifically) to record the Layla album, because they faced terrible taxation in England. Then the Dominoes toured for a couple of months, recording some performances. In April 1971, the band split during some recording session in London and Clapton retired for a lengthy spell, only appearing three years later to appear with George Harrison (who also played on the "Layla" album....ironically....) in The Concert for Bangla Desh, where he was insanely drugged out.

So, there's not much to say about the Dominoes, considering their short run. But the influence of "Layla" and of the artists in the group is clearly seen today. Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs is often seen as one of the Best Albums in Rock and Roll, and Eric Clapton is...well...God.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.