Just when Material Defender thought he could go home...

Descent 2 picks up where Descent left off. Material Defender is heading back to the PTMC, hoping to get his money and head home. Not so. Dravis tells him the alien virus infestation has spread, and they're outfitting his Pyro-GX with an experimental hyperdrive unit. Material Defender protests, but Dravis reminds him that he's on retainer, and if he refuses, he doesn't get paid, and he gets sued. Material Defender grudgingly sets out.

Descent 2 was the sequel to Descent. Essentially, the game used almost the same game engine, using, in fact, the original weapons plus a few more. Equally as fun as, if not more fun than, Descent.

The best just got better. If you've ever played Descent 1, you know how exciting this awesome fully 3D game is... Descent 2 takes the experience even further. With 30 new levels and enemy robots, 10 weapons, worlds with water, fire and ice, high resolution support, cut scene movies, and a CD based soundtrack, even if you think you know Descent, you haven't seen or heard anything like this.

Have you ever wished you could turn on "headlights" in a dark cavern in Descent? Or how about transfer power to the shields? Maybe be able to go faster when you've being chased? How about watching a missile slam into your enemy as you steer it every turn of the way, from the point of view of the missile? Wouldn't it be great if there were proximity bombs that can tell friend from foe? Escape from an exploding mine without knowing where the exit is? If you answered yes to any of these, Descent 2 is what you've been wishing for.

From headlights, a shield transfer device, an afterburner, guided video camera missiles, smart proximity bombs, and a guide bot that helps you do anything from finding keys to the exit, Descent 2 is everything you want in a hyper-real 3D game.

When it comes to deathmatch, Descent 2 is light years ahead of games like the Doom series, and Duke Nukem 3D. The fully 3D world of Descent allows for deathmatches that words do not do justice in describing. Suffice to say, invite your friends over, link up 2 or more computers (you can connect up to 8) crank up the volume, order some pizza and don't make any plans for tomorrow...

By the way, you can also play in cooperative mode, but it's more fun to send a guided missile toward your (soon to be ex-) friend. ;)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.