Basically, my sweetie likes anything with the name devil in it so I monkeyed around with recipes for him.

6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise

2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1/8 teaspoon salt

Paprika, for decorating.

With a spoon carefully, lift the egg yolks out of the whites. Place yolks in small bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard and salt to egg yolks; mix well with a fork to make a smooth paste. Adjust to taste. Arrange egg white halves on a plate. Scoop some of yolk mixture into each and sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately or store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to use.

Wasabi Deviled Eggs

Being as what my dear husband does not like mustard, I generally substitute creamed horseradish when making deviled eggs. The other day, when making deviled eggs for a little house party, I discovered we were out of horseradish. Sticking my hand at random into the refrigerator, I pulled out a tube of green paste emblazoned with the word that incites that delicious combination of ecstasy and terror in the heart of a devoted Pacific Rimmer:

W A S A B I

Hmmm, I thought, why not. I proceeded to employ the deadly green condiment to great effect. Wasabi Deviled Eggs were a great hit. They give the deviled eggs a nice bite and a different flavor.

The Ingredients
Hard boiled eggs (at least two per person)
Mayonnaise
Wasabi paste (or mix powder with water, per instructions)
Garlic powder
Worcestershire sauce
Greek seasoning (or other chef's salt)

The Instructions
Slice eggs in half longitudinally and scoop out the gorgeous buttery yellow yolk. Mix all the ingredients to taste and desired consistency. Start with a tablespoon or so of the mayo. Add a squeeze of wasabi, a shake of the garlic powder and chef's salt and dash of worcestershire sauce. Keep adding and mixing until it tastes right to YOU.

If you're lucky enough to have a a pastry funnel with a decorative tip, you can play Martha Stewart. Otherwise, gently scoop the mixture into the egg whites arranged on a platter, sprinkle with paprika so it will look all pretty. Serve to great acclaim.

Postscript: don't fall to temptation to add too much wasabi - you'll make people's tummies hurt.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.