Twice baked potatos are an excellent addition to any hearty meal, they compliment beef dishes especially well. Be wary, if you are on a low fat diet or are concerned about cholesterol, this recipe is not for you.


  • Fry bacon till crispy, lightly peppering both sides. Allow to cool for several minutes and either chop or crumble into small pieces.
  • Using a fork pierce the skin of each potato several times. Arrange potatoes evenly on a cookie sheet or baking pan and bake at 425F for about 40 to 60 minutes, or till tender.
  • Allow potatoes to cool several minutes before handling.
  • Cut a slice from the top of each potato. With a spoon, remove most of the pulp from both pieces of potato, being careful not to puncture the skin. You can save the small slices for potato skins if desired, or they can be discarded.
  • Place pulp in a mixing bowl. Mash the pulp using either a potato masher or a blender set to low speed. (Caution: the thickness of this mixture can damage some mixers, especially hand held mixers)
  • Add cream cheese, garlic, cheddar cheese, olive oil, butter and bacon to the mixture. Beat till smooth and evenly mixed. (add milk by tablespoon to cream to desired consistency)
  • Season to taste with salt and pepper
  • Using a spoon stuff the empty potato skins with the mixture. The volume has increased, so each potato can be overfilled.
  • Place potatos in a baking dish and bake uncovered at 425F for 20 to 25 minutes or till tops are lightly browned.
  • Garnish tops with Asiago or Romano cheese and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.