This is Disney's newest theme park. It was built on the grounds of the old Disneyland parking lot, and was opened in the summer of 2000. From all my friends, I've heard that, it sucks horribly. I think it was true desperation that had the company resurrect the classic Main Street Electrical Parade, but instead put it in California Adventure without the "Main Street" in its title. The park tries to cram everything about California from Hollywood to the Golden Gate Bridge but it doesn't work. I frankly, find it a stupid concept. If you're going to put a theme park about California, you don't do it in the same state! They should have put it in Walt Disney World or maybe New York. Of course, this thing will last for a certain amount of time, the company spent way too much money to just drop it like that.

Disney’s California Adventure

Disney’s California Adventure Park allows its guests to “explore the Golden State in more than thirty exciting screaming, blasting, plummeting, soaring, giggling attractions found in four fun-filled lands that celebrate the magic, wonder, thrill and whimsy of the nation's 31st state. There's a world of California dreaming for children of all ages.”

The park itself was built over a period of time from 1998 to 2001, with a Grand Opening on February 8, 2001 (though there were many preview parties and events for Company Executives, Cast Members, Annual Passholders, and as I recall even a few charity events, all going back to early-January of ’01). It is located in the Disneyland Resort just 50 feet from Disneyland Park. The park was originally divided into three themed lands (similar in idea to it’s older brother, Disneyland and other theme parks around the world), entitled Golden State, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and Paradise Pier. Recently however, the park was expanded to provide more attractions for smaller guests, forming a new (fourth) land named “A Bug’s Land” (which includes the Bountiful Valley Farm {previously of the Golden State} and Flick’s Fun Fair).


Golden State

This “land” allows for guests to experience the Golden State of California as it is in real-life. It is further divided into five sub-lands (Condor Flats, Redwood Creek, the San Francisco Bay Area, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Bountiful Valley Farm).



Hollywood Pictures Backlot

This area of the park represents -exactly as its name implies- a typical Hollywood studio back lot. At first look, the area appears to be over-the-top with elegant buildings, but upon closer examination, said buildings turn out to be nothing more than facades.



Paradise Pier

This area of the park allowed for the company to plant a bunch of typical carnival-style rides with a minimum of show design put into them. Typical roller coaster, swing ride, Ferris wheel, carousel, and boardwalk games.



“A Bug’s Land”

This newest are of the park was opened due to criticism that there were not enough attractions for younger guests to experience at the park. A good amount of show design was put into the attractions to make guests feel like they are the size of insects enjoying the rides with characters from the Disney/ Pixar hit “A Bug’s Life”.


Sources:
Disneyland.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.