Disorder is a scientific theory that states matter gradually self-destructs to it's most simplest form, and that although delayable, this is an unavoidable fact.

For example, if life disappeared on Earth, buildings would collapse, objects rust, and dust settle. It's doing it anyway, but we try and slow it down.

Eventually, therefore, rhe universe will return to it's initial state: a blob of matter, just basic elements and compounds. This scientific theory is closely linked with entropy and thus, The Heat Death Of The Universe.

I don't know if this is based on disorder, but the whole thing sounds like kipple from Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?, the book that became Blade Runner

Disorder, or chaos, opposite of order in the Sacred Chao, and symbolized by the golden apple. Disorder is best associated with Discord and Eris, the Greek Goddess of discord.

Dis*or"der (?), n. [Pref. dis- + order: cf. F. d'esordre.]

1.

Want of order or regular disposition; lack of arrangement; confusion; disarray; as, the troops were thrown into disorder; the papers are in disorder.

2.

Neglect of order or system; irregularity.

From vulgar bounds with brave disorder part, And snatch a grace beyond the reach of art. Pope.

3.

Breach of public order; disturbance of the peace of society; tumult.

Shak.

4.

Disturbance of the functions of the animal economy of the soul; sickness; derangement.

"Disorder in the body."

Locke.

Syn. -- Irregularity; disarrangement; confusion; tumult; bustle; disturbance; disease; illness; indisposition; sickness; ailment; malady; distemper. See Disease.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dis*or"der, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disordered (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Disordering.]

1.

To disturb the order of; to derange or disarrange; to throw into confusion; to confuse.

Disordering the whole frame or jurisprudence. Burke.

The burden . . . disordered the aids and auxiliary rafters into a common ruin. Jer. Taylor.

2.

To disturb or interrupt the regular and natural functions of (either body or mind); to produce sickness or indisposition in; to discompose; to derange; as, to disorder the head or stomach.

A man whose judgment was so much disordered by party spirit. Macaulay.

3.

To depose from holy orders.

[Obs.]

Dryden.

Syn. -- To disarrange; derange; confuse; discompose.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.