Dispatch is a band that does its best job in performance. A Boston band, they've been playing since 1995. Their shows involve a lot of instrument changing and are full of energy. What is most striking about their music are the three-voice harmonies. They've produced four albums. They describe their own music as: "tri-vocal funkcoustic instrument-swap groove". (They have a Phish-like concept, but are less jazzy and use more guitar.)

Dispatch's three members are:

Their albums are:

  • Silent Steeples
    1. Steeples
    2. Past The Falls
    3. Water Stop
    4. Hey, Hey
    5. Flying Horses
    6. Questioned Apocalypse
    7. Seasons: Movement III
    8. Mayday
    9. Born Normal
    10. Walk With You
    11. Elias
  • Bang Bang
    1. Here We Go
    2. Bats In The Belfry
    3. The General
    4. Bang Bang
    5. Mission
    6. Drive
    7. Two Coins
    8. Railway
    9. Whirlind
    10. Out Loud
  • Four-Day Trials
    1. What Do You Wanna Be
    2. Bullet Holes
    3. Wide Right Turns
    4. Here We Go
    5. Cover This
    6. Mission
    7. Hubs
    8. Root Down
    9. Headlights
  • Who Are We Living For?
    1. Everybody Clap
    2. Open Up
    3. Just Like Larry
    4. Time Served
    5. Even
    6. Passerby
    7. Carry You
    8. D. Bits
    9. How Now
    10. Lightning
    11. Granite
    12. Prince Of Spades
    13. Parade Speed
    14. Headlights
    15. Blood
    16. 10FT, 5FT, Bag'Em
    17. Douggie Mayu

Find them at http://www.dispatchmusic.com/

Sherborn, MA-based trio of Brad Corrigan (Braddigan), Chad Urmston (Chetro), and Pete Heimbold (Repete).

The bandmates met at Middlebury College where they were initially very leary about forming a band as all three were guitarists when they met.

Each learned another instrument (and later countless others) to create what is perhaps the band's best-known and most interesting tradition-- instrument switching. At any given concert, they will switch instruments six or more times. As a result of their delayed formation, each member is the frontman and brings unique songwriting and musical talents to the table.


As an aside, I have to mention that they have really cool liner notes. They have thanked the Sherborn post office in every album so far, and in the notes to Who Are We Living For? they challenged Incubus to a game of hoops.

Dis*patch" (?; 224), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dispatched (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Dispatching.] [OF. despeechier, F. d'epecher; prob. from pref. des- (L. dis-) + (assumed) LL. pedicare to place obstacles in the way, fr. L. pedica fetter, fr. pes, pedis, foot. See Foot, and cf. Impeach, Despatch.] [Written also despatch.]

1.

To dispose of speedily, as business; to execute quickly; to make a speedy end of; to finish; to perform.

Ere we put ourselves in arms, dispatch we The business we have talked of. Shak.

[The] harvest men . . . almost in one fair day dispatcheth all the harvest work. Robynson (More's Utopia).

2.

To rid; to free.

[Obs.]

I had clean dispatched myself of this great charge. Udall.

3.

To get rid of by sending off; to send away hastily.

Unless dispatched to the mansion house in the country . . . they perish among the lumber of garrets. Walpole.

4.

To send off or away; -- particularly applied to sending off messengers, messages, letters, etc., on special business, and implying haste.

Even with the speediest expedition I will dispatch him to the emperor's cou. Shak.

5.

To send out of the world; to put to death.

The company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords. Ezek. xxiii. 47.

Syn. -- To expedite; hasten; speed; accelerate; perform; conclude; finish; slay; kill.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dis*patch", v. i.

To make haste; to conclude an affair; to finish a matter of business.

They have dispatched with Pompey. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dis*patch", n. [Cf. OF. despeche, F. d'epeche. See Dispatch, v. t.] [Written also despatch.]

1.

The act of sending a message or messenger in haste or on important business.

2.

Any sending away; dismissal; riddance.

To the utter dispatch of all their most beloved comforts. Milton.

3.

The finishing up of a business; speedy performance, as of business; prompt execution; diligence; haste.

Serious business, craving quick dispatch. Shak.

To carry his scythe . . . with a sufficient dispatch through a sufficient space. Paley.

4.

A message dispatched or sent with speed; especially, an important official letter sent from one public officer to another; -- often used in the plural; as, a messenger has arrived with dispatches for the American minister; naval or military dispatches.

5.

A message transmitted by telegraph.

[Modern]

Dispatch boat, a swift vessel for conveying dispatches; an advice boat. -- Dispatch box, a box for carrying dispatches; a box for papers and other conveniences when traveling.

Syn. -- Haste; hurry; promptness; celerity; speed. See Haste.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.