All for Celebrity Encounters...

As many of you are aware, I am a proprietor of a small family-run Chinese restaurant. This business has been passed to me from my parents and I cherish it not only for being able to provide that whole "good food, good service" deal, but also to rub elbows with those who some view as royalty. Usually, such clients are of the political thread but every once in a while, we get people with a little more recognition.

Such was the case about 8 years ago when a scruffy looking gent showed up with a lady friend for lunch. The first thing my sister and I noticed about this man was that he was rather tall. The second thing we noticed was that his hair was pretty wild...somewhat long, all grey, and unkempt. Plus, he had a full beard going. He looked like he came from the woods.

They both ordered a couple of lunch specials and a couple of glasses of red wine. After my sister took the order, she came back to me and said...

"Um...I think that's Donald Sutherland!"

This kind of caught me by surprise. Now, I've seen Mr. Sutherland in several classic films...M*A*S*H being one of them. I always thought of him as a little more refined and nothing like the Unabomber.

Anyway, when he gave his Visa card to pay, it confirmed his identity...Mr. Donald Sutherland. When my sister returned the slip for signature, she asked...

"Are you Donald Sutherland, the actor?"

To which he replied...

"Well, my mother seems to think so!"

And the sound that was heard next was my the palm of my hand slapping my forehead.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.