DOUBLE BUBBLE BONG

What I remember from my experience in owning a clear glass double bubble bong is, magically the bubbles of smoke erupt from the water with a muffled pop. Blending together with the rest of the escapees as they swirl, twirl and fill up each of the bubbles before creeping up the glass wall towards a false freedom. That magic also could have been the entire space of lungs being taken over by cannabis smoke but I digress. These water smoking devices are strictly for tobacco use only.

The real point of this is a double bubble bong, with a simple design, it can hold more smoke compared to a straight tube. For those who take humongous hits and "gotta cough to get off", this is the piece for your collection. The second bubble being void of water, allows for copious amounts of smoke to accumulate. The second bubble serves yet another purpose, because of the increased area the temperature of the smoke will be greatly diminished upon inhalation. Increasing the amount your lungs can handle in one hit and saving your alveoli for another day. Included is a diagram of an working double bubble, please note the bubbles coming out of the stem.

Basically, a bong is not limited to it's size or shape. It's a matter of fact, that you can make a bong out of almost any medium. I've smoked from a 30 year old mermaid before, she was also the only acrylic bong I've smoked from; it was heavy and cumbersome and would have made a better book end, but in the 70's that was most likely the intent. Pyrex is the current hot thing to buy because of it's strong and durable. A Pryex bong can be knocked off a coffee table without wincing and is as light as glass. You'll spend more on stems and female slides in the life of the bong than on the bong its self. Still, more kids than adults, can make a bong out of a plastic bottle or an apple, if they don't want fork over the extra dough to get a real one. If there is a will, there is a way. After my three foot double bubble broke, I bought a foot and a half Pyrex tube for damn near the same price, which I still own today. Look at me rambling when the ascii artwork is the highlight. Without any further distractions, I present.....









(
)
(......(..........)
)...............(
(...............)
.....**.*.*.*.*.......*.*.**.....
.....**.*.*.*.*.....*.*.*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*......................*.....
.....*........................*.....
.....*..............................*......
.....*....................................*.....
.....*.........................................*.....
.....*............................................*.....
.....*..............................................*.....
.....*..............................................*.....
.....*..............................................*.....
.....*..........................................*.....
.....*.....................................*.....
.....*..............................*.....
.....*.........................(....*.....
.....*...............................)..(...*......
.....*.................................(....).....*.....
.....*..................................******.........*.....
.....*...................................**.....**...........*.....
.....*.................................**...******............*.....
.....*...............................**..............................*.....
.....*~~~~~~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*.....
.....*..............8.........**..............................*.....
.....*.........8....8.**...8........................*.....
.....*.........8.....8.........................*.....
.....**********************.....
Diagram A, manually scripted ASCII art of a double bubble bong by Sinepyriah.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.