Dr. Science had a television show. I swear! It aired during the 1986-87 season, I believe. And it was hilarious....I wish it was on longer than a year.

There was Dr. Science's assistant Rodney (who always got injured due to the Doctor's experiments). And there was Mr. Piccilo, the annoying and suspicious next-door neighbor. Dr. Science also had a female assistant who would read the letters that people would send him, I forgot her name, but she was replaced with another female assistant who's name I forgot too. Dr. Science also had a remote controlled car that had an electronic eye on it that he called Aki.

The show, which was on Saturday afternoons, had funny, offbeat plots. Like the one time Dr. Science made a giant-ray that made ants huge. Fortunately, Mr. Piccilo's bad singing made them shrink down to normal size. And who could forget the Scok Monster, who was a monster made up of all the socks people would lose in the laundry room. This show was way cool, and funnier and more entertaining than Beakman's World or any other live-action science show.
Doctor Science is a character from Ducks Breath Mystery Theatre. He appears frequently on shows/school video presentations/radio as part of National Science Foundation programs or PBS specials. The gag is the ability of Dan Coffey and his sidekick Merle Kessler to give the most entertainingly wrong answers to basic science questions.

(this part originally posted by SteveSgt)
His real name is Dan Coffey. He is a professor of broadcasting at the University of Iowa. He honed his early comedic skills as a member of the Ducks Breath Mystery Theater, which started out in the Universe of Iowa City, but later moved to San Francisco, California.

An example would be the question about how do boneless chickens procreate (I believe this was submitted by Guido Incognito). Dr Science proceeds to explaint that even regular chickens don't know love the way humans do, and spends several minutes bemoaning the complexities of love and then explains that to understand how boneless chickens procreate science would have to study them, and who would want to do that? He does mention that they flop around in the dirt.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.