Alan was invited to some random girl's graduation. He was supposed to go out on stage with her because she wanted to present him with something. I went with him to the ceremony; he went dressed in a suit and carrying a guitar, in case anyone wanted him to play a song. I sat in the waiting room with the girl's sister.

"What is she going to announce?"

"I think he is inheriting something.."

"What is he inheriting?"

"The university."

"I'll be waiting here for awhile, won't I?"

"Probably.. our last name is Sweralsky, so we're at the end of the alphabet."

"Shit."

"But you know.. we can float.." She pointed to a large window at the end of the room, and all of a sudden we were floating in the air outside the window. Then we fell to the ground and entered the school. In the hallway, there was a naked woman pinning a man against a wall. I walked towards them and pushed my hands out to the sides, separating them. I said:

"Sorry, I need to come between you two for a moment." I pushed my way past, and turned around to make eye contact with the naked girl.

I said, "Now that you two have gone through that separation, your relationship will be much stronger."

The naked girl started laughing, and I smiled at her.

"Anyone who claims to be able to predict an earthquake is either a charlatan or a liar" --unknown

At some point in the near future, a group of scientists was able to predict an impending earthquake within a few minutes before it happened. Hardly useful for a early warning system, unless you want time to kiss your ass goodbye before the "big one".

I was on the team who was doing acoustic research at a Japanese labratory with a group of international scientists where an interesting phenomenon had been discovered, that really didn't make much sense. "Play a note on the keyboard" I was instructed. I played an A above middle C. "440.14Hz" was what the digital counter displayed that was hooked up to the keyboard's speaker. So the keyboard was not tuned exactly, that didn't matter at this point. "Ok, in moments you will see what I am talking about" the lead professor eagerly informed us.

There was a lull in the conversation for about 2 minutes, when the ground started shaking and the equipment started rattling, we watched the needle of the siesmograph on the table start jumping back and forth as the temblor continued for about 30 seconds before subsiding. A 5.2 Magnitude earthquake had just occured.

"Ok, continue playing that same note you played before." I played the same A and watched the counter display 439.26Hz and slowly drift back up toward the 440.14Hz as I played reading that I had witnessed minutes before, taking about 2½ half minutes to do so.

If anyone knows who made the above quote, please /msg me!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.