I am rehearsing with a rock band. We break because of some problem with the minor key glam rock number we’re playing. I turn around and try to explain to the guitar player something about third progressions in a bar chord tuning. For some reason, there is no instrument in my hands, but I seem to be an accepted part of the band. The keyboard player and another guitar player wait patiently. We begin to play the song again, and I find the six-chord in the bridge.

Then the alarm clock goes off. What I recall is F minor, A-flat major, C dominant seven, not one of the common chord progressions in rock. I can’t be sure what exactly the bridge was, now that I’m awake, I figure C dominant to C-sharp major (maybe minor), then back to the verse through A-flat, but now I'm awake.

I had sideburns. Inexplicably. I don't remember much of my dream, but I certainly had sprouted a considerable amount of facial hair. Great big mutton chops, full of vigor and life. Almost divine in appearance. This is the only thing that comes up in my mind. A single frame where I am wearing these thick and dark sweeping bits of finely-trimmed hair on the sides of my face. I know that there were other parts. There must've been. More important ones, too. It's funny how the human brain works. Prioritizing, rearranging the facts to suit what your personality wants. It's all so odd.

I can't even grow sideburns.

Akira's Lesson

After watching the newly-dubbed English version of Akira on DVD.

  • Lying in bed for some hours, swinging between waking and hypnogogia, I observe subtle energy currents flow throughout my body but especially in my spine and head. At times my body feels weightless, at others, filled with tingling liquid. I envision my astral body leaving my physical body in various ways: floating gently upwards as if to the surface of a pool, yanked out the top of my head like climbing a rope, falling through the bed into the Earth. When sleep at last arrives, this playing with body awareness continues within another context.

  • I am Tetsuo from the film, Akira, except I don't have any of the negative emotional neuroses that plague the character. Playing with my newly acquired powers, I am able to insert my consciousness into any object I choose, living or inanimate. Awareness is like a fluid, easily grown, shrunk and poured into any container, material or otherwise. The experiment I remember best resembles the violent growth of Tetsuo towards the end of the film: my body expands to the size of a skyscraper, but my body-sense remains normal sized at the core of the physical hulk. It's just for fun, but it feels like I just became a victim of the grey goo scenario. The overarching lesson of this dream: the physical body is the condensation of subtle thought forms--choose your thoughts wisely or risk negative manifestations in your reality.

I dreamed it was supposed to be my first day of high school. (Irrelevant Explanatory Note: The perspective character I call 'me' in this dream wasn't actually me, nor anyone I'm familiar with.)

It was very early in the morning, and still dark. A relative (we'll call him an uncle) was supposed to drive me to school. I was very anxious to get there well before school started, so I could actually meet people before class. But the uncle was taking his sweet time.

Turns out we also had to pick up another relative (call him cousin) and take him to the elementary school. Joy. We're here driving in the dark on my uncle's motorcycle through a street in the forest, to get my little cousin, and I'm here angsting about being on time.

Anyway, finally we arrive at my school. In the grey light of morning I ponder how high school can be hell. And then, the first bell rang, and all of a sudden it was. Hell, that is. Literally.

(Relevant Explanatory Note: Yesterday, I read the node No Exit, which told me about Sartre's play wherein three people are in a room in Hell and realize they hate each other. Whatever. It pointed to Hell is other people, a famous quote from the play, and in that node is given The Onion's little twist on that, that being "Hell is other Frenchmen". In my dream this relexed as "Hell is other freshmen.")

So all of a sudden I was in a room (which looked remarkably like the study in my mom's house.. the room I in the real world happened to be sleeping in at the time) with two freshman girls and a major demon. I say 'major demon', in that he was somewhat important, not that he was large or menacing to any degree. He looked like an average middle-aged bureaucrat.

He talked to us for a little while, about stuff I forget what, leaving us and coming back to us several times. Finally, we were led away to another room with a circle on the ground. The two girls were instructed to stand in the circle, and on doing so, they disappeared into a colorful vortex, of which I got the impression that it was a gateway to the "other" hell, the one with the fire and the burning. The major-demon then told me that could have happened to me too, if I had tried to make certain sexual advances on him (he described them, but I forget what they were).

I followed him out, but he wasn't there anymore. I decided to explore some on my own. I went to the lowest level of the compound and just started walking around, looking into everything, like the characters in console RPGs do.

The bottom floor was a dormitory, with wooden walls, apparently entirely deserted. The rooms were disheveled, as though the demonic fellows lodging there never learned to put away their clothes.. (I mean, why would they want to? Cleanliness is next to godliness.)

In one room, however, I met a skeleton. (This one wasn't Latin, like the one in yesterday's dream.) He talked to me; about what, I can't remember.

Around this part I start forgetting the rest of the dream, although I do remember eventually leaving the Hell building for the outside, above-ground world.

I smoothly slide the zipper of the bar and am about to end my little vacuum frenzy, I woke up before then. I was a very angry woman. She's speaking German (I am beginning to learn German this semester), and I hit the B and mention the password; that was the sign to the car. Back at the end which was the password. I was at school at Macalester College in Minnesota, rather than Mexico. So anyways, I go up the street at the end of the crazy house and eventually the actress and my mom is furious with me. I'm like, wtf, this has to be wounded in order to make sure I was nervous about that. Plus, I didn't know where the car and finish this on my shoes, so I could take it. (I do not have a car.) I hopped in, but a railway. I had another about salting a coke machine which I haven't seen him in many tongues, something which I tend to suck. Not noticing it until a few hours. Then I thought, "This is too real."

We came upon a clearing, where the hillside was covered with redwoods; it's pretty nice. Anyway, there I am in a group of people to study the effects of dreams on the unconcious mind. I was freaked. I asked "what kind of woman would be with a white suburban, the police are handling everything, and I'm standing against the wall listening to the homeless." Everything is a maze now and shouldn't be singing in here, but then one of the new penis is attached and the trails are absolutely littered with ethernet cables. Under the dirt, on the unconcious mind. I was dumb and yes, it did totally destroy the machine. This dream also startled me awake because the noise was so real. Salting coke machines is also very noisy. The machine goes crazy and empties itself out in a rush. I don't have my homework done. I need to be out of the stage. Johnny Greenwood gives me the details on the lips. Then she goes so far as to bend down and "accidently" touch her forehead against my crotch.

We float in the dive bar when the dream long enough to get very friendly. She whispers something in my unconscious mind carried this over into the street just to be somewhere now but still playing games. We were wearing really nifty suites that were biomechanical and had lots of big guns, but no vaccuum cleaners. The bartender looks familiar, but I was dumb and yes, it did totally destroy the machine. This dream also startled me awake because the noise was so excited! I was mad at Victoria. In the underground museum we walked around until we'd seen everything, then went back to the car. Back at the party sucks and they insist I replace the frisbee and walk towards the group leader taking notes above me on the hill, then I realize that really I should be going in the dive bar when the snide suspicious woman tells me that the other girls if they were kicking our asses. We ended up retreating out side to two dirt paths and continued to kick butt until all of this begins to get very friendly. She whispers something in my mind registers the female voice. Authoritative, yet giving, it is stuck to the top of an old gray van, trying to get very friendly. She whispers something in my ear then kisses me on the ground, two feet from my partially crushed pack. (I don't smoke - perhaps a thousand feet in all directions. I am pissed off that it's in my ear. )"Your love is waiting for my fate, though. I asked what kind of woman would be a suburb of... I don't remember. Probably zombies involved. In the dream, I'm walking with Chris. We're dressed in full ninja regalia and we're trying to get back on to our kids..' He gives me a drink. Then, suddenly, I'm in Australia, as I wrap my arms around her, kissing her neck. We hug and kiss in the day before this dream.


This has been an E2 Jung-Markov Collective DreamTM.
$ndream=10

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.