Scotland - Northern Ireland border. Doesn't exist in reality but there we were, sitting in a car and driving to NI. Republic of Ireland wasn't far away either and we could see it over a valley. There was a man I don't know for real driving and me and my anarchist mate Miika sitting in the back. We had some kind of secret duty to accomplish in Northern Ireland and we were pretty quiet about it. It wasn't a pleasant task and by that I mean it was bit of dangerous.

In the border line there were two British soldiers. They were checking everybody who was going to cross the border. There was no other cars but about dozen kids were walking towards the border, coming from RoI. We had to step out of the car for the inspection. It was really half-assed check but the taller soldier wanted to see inside my army boots, thinking I was hiding something inside them. He took a knife and almost ripped my shoelaces apart. I intervened and quickly took the boot off. He didn't even mind to check it and just laughed off: He consider the act being a manifestation of his authority and abuse of this authority. I didn't see the point and jumped back into the car. The soldiers were new recruits and I thought the boys must have their fun.

For some reason, we started to drive very, very slowly and I looked back. The scene was horrid: There were six, seven hooded horsemen beating the shit out of the kids. The soldiers didn't make a move to stop the beating. It was a slaughter; the bandits had long clubs and sharp razors attached to them. I said to Miika: "Look, it's the Klan. KKK." Wait a minute, this is Ireland. "Nope, they are loyalists" I corrected myself. The kids fleed in terror but they had absolutely no chance against horsemen. One kid, about 12yo. run after us and almost reached us. (S)he look like an androgyne and I couldn't really say whether (s)he was a boy or a girl. One of the loyalists saw him/her and galloped after him/her. I wanted to let the kid in but the driver increased the speed. We could do nothing but to see the kid being exterminated.

I was in my real bedroom, with my real wife, watching my real TV. An X-Files episode was on. I acknowledged this was a repeat during the teaser, in which some black guy somehow saves his companions (they're running from something really evil in a dark, pipe-filled basement) by sacrificing himself -- he touches a live wire and is very graphically electrocuted. Somehow this is necessary.

After the start credits, suddenly things are slightly different. For some reason, I know the playing episode is a part 2 of 2, and we had missed part 1 of 2. But the teaser was that of part 1. Anyway, there was this huge ant approaching a car with our heroes, Jurassic Park-like. Scully gets out of the car and shoots the living shit out of the ant. Its hugely disproportional head collapses and an ant-headed man emerges, starting to talk about unimportant things. I think, "shoot him, dammit!"

Suddenly we're no longer watching XF but me & wife are in an elevator which we know is capable of going to five different floors. But it goes up and down in a kinda drunken way, and all doors are open. Not nice.

When it's in the 5th floor, I jump out to get help. The 5th floor is an aerospatial museum in a cellar. There are neat square holes in the floor, and I almost fall through one, but I grab the edge.

And then I wake up.

(I recognize one of the influences to this dream, and it is e2. This recent writeup of mine, maybe combined with my thought of starting to contribute to the Dream Log.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.