I'm in Linwood, a dull, grey little town in the south west of Scotland. I'm standing outside the prestigious Tweedie Hall, the building where I attend my Tae Kwon Do lessons. Something is going on inside.

I take one last look at the heavily vandalised concrete 60's architechture around me and enter the building. I find a wrestling ring in ther middle of the hall, surrounded by spectators.

Two wrestlers enter the ring and begin a match, but it is boring. They make the fact that wrestling is fake seem painfully obvious.

I head outside, but I'm not in Linwood any more. I'm in a dense pine forest. It is very dark, and I can only see a couple of metres in front of me. I walk along carefully, trying not to trip over anything on the ground, and eventually come to a metal gate with a barbed wire fence running along each side.

I wonder why anyone would just randomly decide to put a fence in the middle of a wood. I start climbing over the gate, but it is slippery and I fall. My ribs crash into the metal and I think I might have broken something.

I head back towards the Tweedie Hall. When I enter the buiilding, two other wrestlers are in the ring. Their match is better than the previous one, and the crowd is really getting into it. I look down on the ground and see a discarded newspaper. The headline is my own name.

Imagine: A rather large platform of land, with a deep canyon in a circular shape around it. Out in the middle of nowhere; a desert. There are bridges connecting this platform, little rickety rope bridges. On this platform, there's a massive metropolis; roughly the size of New York City. On the other side of the rope bridge was a small yellow house, looking like it was in the middle of nowhere.

This was my destination; the house had belonged to Robert, my mother's ex-fiancee. I arrived, and Robert burst out of the door, told me to clean up the garbage out back. I looked at it, and it was alive with vermin, insects, mold and all. I had no gloves.

"No." I said. At that point, he was infuriated. He raised his hands high and sent me flying over the chasm, into the city. I was dropped right into a small raggedy group of people. (This particular part of the city resembled Downtown in Twisted Metal: Black.) They were eating signs(Why? I have no clue), the signs that are for businesses and the like. They see me, and they start chasing me. As I run, more of them come out of thin air. They were now armed, with all sorts of weapons, I kept running, until I encountered a derelict Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. I didn't have time to stop, because they came flooding out of there, too.

Then I woke up with a sweat.


This dream occured to me about ten years ago, and I had just recalled it, so here it is!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.