• Some of the books I want to loan out were stolen from the library. Mom makes sure I get receipts for them all.
  • I broke the thermometer (IRL, in the lab at work), but I forgot , so when I go to measure the temperature of the boiling hot {tea? coffee? soup?}, mercury drips on my hand. Oh no! if I don't wash it off, I'll have to get blood tests for mercury poisoning! I hate needles, so I wash with strong dish soap. Aunt Susan helps. There is still mercury on me but it's time for another dream.
  • The roach coach won't start - I suspect the starter motor. By the time I have made my diagnosis, the driver has closed it all up, even the U-Haul trailer on the back. I quickly select some candy and 2% milk; not what I really want, but it's all that's accessible. As I pay the driver, segue to...
  • public service message about keeping your purse closed and wallets in deep pockets so no one pickpockets you and you don't lose your rent money out on the street.
  • Christina Ricci is in my math class. I'm busy munching on a bagel (from the roach coach?), so it takes an agonizing chewing time before I can blurt out, "I hear you're very smart, you should have no problem." She smiles a sunshine ray on me before she goes to talk to the teacher. Another girl says "she's being weird, I don't like her." To this girl I say "I never met anyone I could really call 'normal'" - twice, because that mouthful of bagel is in the way again.
  • Three men (or women) were eating a man's (or a woman's) foot. It was quite graphical and disturbing.
  • I surfed over to E2 to discover that soft-links were now displayed on the left side, organized by which user created the soft-link. Someone was telling me about the new feature, but I don't know who it was.

Previous | Dizzy->Dreams() | Next


I ran away from a family argument to a broken down wooden hut on another planet. There were three suns, all yellow-orange. There was a lot of mud and dust about; the track to the hill was muddy but passable.

The hut had a cellar where I discovered a portal to a large basement. There were monsters there and I shot some of them.

The rest of the monsters chased me through a tunnel from the basement to outside. I fought one monster hand to hand; he had the face of a school tormentor, but I won.

I escaped the planet in a Cobra Mark III spaceship, Dream Girl was there (curvy as ever) but we didn't smooch. I piloted the ship back home by slowing the orbit down relative to the sun (where the other suns went, I don't know). Perhaps I was on Mars

I made my peace with my Mum before waking up.


In explanation, I have just read Moving Mars by Greg Bear

I took a nap today. During it I dreamed that I argued an anarchist viewpoint to an authoritarian school janitor.

It began when he said that it was annoying how *grumble* 1 in 4 *grumble* kids just wanted to mess everything up. A short while later, I said to him that, in a system with more freedom, it wouldn't matter if 1 in 4 people tried to mess everything up, because the other 3 will work to fix it back up. He allowed as how this could be true, and then asked me what party held those views. I said that the anarchist party did (?!), and he replied that he really didn't like the views of that party. End of Dream.

What a good dream for Independence Day!

What is the anarchist party? I would think that most anarchists would have a strong aversion to the sort of huge, corrupt political organizations known as "parties" in our system. Perhaps I should have said (Yow! I think I'll second-guess myself in my dream!) that the Libertarian party would hold those beliefs.

Food for thought? Spam for thought?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.