I was pushing a stroller diagonally across Terminal and Main, the busiest intersection in the city. Once the stroller left the sidewalk, it was clear that I was in fact training a golden retriever assistance dog (like a seeing eye dog, but not for blind people - some go to people in manual wheelchairs to help them move and do things in the house, some to deaf people to alert them to sounds, and some as social dogs for people, often people with a mental disability. anyhow, I think this puppy was a wheelchair puller.) for the Pacific Assistance Dog Society, and once we'd crossed to the other side and the stroller was gone, it was clear that I was a police officer played by Bruce Willis. I get a call on my cellphone from the chief of police. There's been a terrible terrible series of crimes committed, involving kidnapped children etc., and somehow the supervillain has communicated to him that I am to conduct the investigation, or they all die. Meanwhile, I can't leave my dog just sitting here! I call some woman at the chief's suggestion. It's clear to me, never having met her, that she is in fact the woman who was in Being John Malkovich, the Maxine character. I call her three times and somehow manage to forget my name and what I'm doing (stunned stupid by her.. sexy phone voice? who knows? It's kind of funny how easily as a girl I'm willing to attribute extreme acts of stupidity to a male sex drive..), so she hangs up on me. The third time, after looking at a prescription bottle of pills in my pocket and seeing that my first name is Rob (but short for David, somehow.. I love dream logic.), I spout out an elegant three sentences about the plot of this movie so far, punctuated with my dog's howling as, presumably, my ignoring him for even seconds has undone months of training. Then I woke up. Sigh! Someone in Hollywood is leaving rejected trailers in my mind.

Actually, I had another everything2 dream, which is kind of neat. I had forgotten about it completely until just a few moments ago..

Being that I'm quite sick with a terribly sore throat and congestion (oh, shower me with pity, poor poor me) and I woke up several times throughout the night, it's amazing I actually had a dream at all, and more that I remember this particular one. Too bad it wasn't real..

I wrote this node, this dreamy poetic node that I really liked but didn't think that many others would, which didn't bother me too much. People have been softlinking stupid stuff to some of my poetry and I'd assumed they'd do it to this one, in my dream that is. It was a poem about nate and a girl, but I forget if the girl was a noder or not.. well, I hit sumbit and went away for a while, to somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where. A few moments later I returned and I saw that nate had sent me a little private message. It said something to the effect of my node was intensely beautiful and amazing, and I remember smiling a lot. He said that he'd expected the node to be less than even read-worthy when he saw the title (which escapes me at present), but that he loved it.

I really don't see that ever happening, but it was a neat dream, and it seemed so real, too. It's too bad I didn't have any other feverish dreams last night.. those always seem to be quite interesting.

I really don't remember a heck of a lot about my dreams. All I can remember is that my subconscious was trying its damnedest to get a dream going, and after the dream began it'd end with me needing to go urinate in some private place. After about the 4th episode ending this way, I realized I was half-awake, and decided that possibly I needed to purge msyelf, and it'd be a good idea to go and try. Sitting upright and feeling the immense pressure on my bladder assured me that my mind was right on.

I dreamt that I was at work, and that a customer told me they were experiencing congestion (on their network). When looking through the results of ip accounting, I saw, on the screen, 'The congestion problem is a direct result of one Eddie McGlick, who is overeating in the corner.'

And that's what I told them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.