I am walking down the high street of my local town of Burton on Trent, its a saturday night and i am with a friend, the night is warm and im wearing my shirt which has a target on the side. The town is busy with people coming and going into different clubs and pubs.

As me and Sean walk down the street we notice a fight outside a chipshop called Turkishis. We go over and watch for a couple of minutes before procedding down to a new place. We walk for what seems like an eternity untill we reach the new club.

The name of the club was Cheers...

We go in and the club had a good right to be called cheers, it was exactly the same layout as the famous TV show with Ted Danson and Kelsey Grammer. I went up to the bar and ordered 2 pints of Stella and Sean went over to the slot machine. Everything was normal for a couple of hours we had a few drinks and met a few old friends from primary school, one being a girl called Lindsey.

I was looking at the clock the shorthand ticking its was to make 12am, the finally tick struck and a huge bang brought me Sean and the rest of the crowd to the floor.

Screams errupt from people within Cheers, i look at Sean blankly, Promptly another bang sent me crashing to the floor and then.. then blackness...

I came to and felt the back of my head, blood stained my finger tips, Sean explained to me that i was knocked by some glasses from the bar. I look around and take view of the current situation, candels light the once busy huslting load club, the front doors are blocked with rubble and rocks, i look at Sean and he nods

We were trapped...

I went to see a movie with Alan and a friend of his from school. His friend had black hair and geeky black glasses, and a green and white striped polo shirt. The movie was based on some myth that dragons will take revenge on people who get in their way. The ultimate form of revenge the dragons will use is to breathe in a person's soul through its nose and out through its mouth. This will twist reality in such a way that the person will think his life is really a nightmare.

Alan's geeky friend was really into dragons, and very excited about this film. The main character in the film was a young boy who is obsessed with dragons, and constantly reading books about them. He has a recurring fantasy of riding a dragon over the city. At one point, there is a loud booming noise as he is walking down the street (picture Jurassic Park). The boy looks up and sees an enormous dragon the size of a T-Rex. The dragon keeps turning around and the townspeople can't figure out which way to run to avoid him. The boy leads them towards a tunnel where they can hide out. However, when they get there he starts screaming that the tunnel is on fire. Everyone stands outside the tunnel, and a giant floating dragon head comes through, surrounded by sparkly dust. The boy jumps onto the head and flies around the city. That's the end of the film. I think it was directed by a dream version of Spielberg.

Alan and I laughed at the film, telling his friend what a waste of money it was. He gets really upset because he thought the film was great, takes a few deep breaths in a huff, and runs off.

Later on, Alan and I are driving home. We see a boy by the side of the road who looks very much like his friend. He climbs onto a tree stump and then jumps off just like a little kid would. We laugh at him, and then return our gazes to the road ahead of us. We are shocked to see another boy down the road who is doing the same thing. Then another, and another and another. Pretty soon, the road is full of tree stumps and geeky boys climbing them and jumping off.

We eventually learn that Alan's geeky friend is an incarnation of some ancient dragon. He was very upset with us for making fun of the dragon film, so he decided to punish us with the ultimate dragon vengeance: breathing our souls in and out to turn our reality into a nightmare.
However, it was learned this week that U.S. officials were concerned in October that terrorists had stolen a 10-kiloton nuclear bomb from Russia, and were ready to detonate it in New York City. This news freaked me out. I even had a nightmare about it last night. The dream went like this: I was a specialist, working at a base on a lakeshore. It was a time of crisis. Earth had to get a rocket launched to send something to Mars. But there was a problem. The Cold War had never ended. We had to co-operate with the Russians, and we didn't trust them. They seemed to working on the same project. I remember walking past a nuclear missile and I said "Don't use it. We need to see what the Russians are doing first." The walls were white and sterile. I walked away from the missile and up some stairs leading to the roof. I was alone looking over a huge expanse of water, oceanlike. It was sunset on a clear day and I was nervous. I watched over the lake and I saw the huge rockets launching. Like the Saturn V's. Raising out of the lake. The Russians were launching. This is were the dream becomes slow motion and extra vivid.

While I watched the rockets rising, I thought:
There are too many.
They don't look right.
What do the tail fins on a nuke look like? Are they different on a space rocket?
There are too many.
Then it happened. The sound is what I remember most.
Like two rocks banging together underwater sharply.
The flash came and I knew I was dead.
My Modern China history teacher is a fat, balding man in his fifties. I am a straight male college student.

We were discussing an essay of mine. He sat beside me as we looked over the writing, and as I explicated a paragraph to him, he leaned over and kissed me on the right cheek. It was light, and wet and cold. I ignored it and continued, but when he kissed my cheek the second time I said, "Please don't kiss me." He was very apologetic.

I let it go. But I found that he was following me around, hiding behind fallen trees, watching me. I told the police, and he was not allowed to teach anymore.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.