• In a return to the kind of dreams I used to have all the time when I was younger, my family and I were being chased all around a gigantic house and garden by a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I don't know where it came from. It started off quite small, but soon it was huge, slavering and thunderous, like something out of Jurassic Park. It ate my dad, who for some reason was a total stranger to me, so I wasn't as upset as I should have been when I saw his head and upper body disappear into the monster's jaws. I was trying to find Lindsay to make sure she was safe, but then the Tyrannosaur came after me. For a long time I was able to elude it, hiding under beds and behind doors while it stalked heavily through the doorways of ballroom-sized bedrooms.

    Eventually, though, it found me under one of the beds, and started roaring and trying to push its jaws under the bed. I cowered all the way back against the wall, and it couldn't seem to move the bed, but then it started shrinking again. Its jaws became smaller and smaller, and it wouldn't be long before it was small enough to fit underneath and come to get me. I decided I preferred a cliffhanger ending to getting eaten, so I left the dream.

  • I was 'pushing hands' with a small Chinese girl who was expert in Tai Chi. Even though I'd never done it before, I found it came naturally - all you have to do is follow the natural flow of energy in your body, the way your arms want to move along the path of least resistance, the way you can feel someone else's flow and spiral around it with your own.

    I got too excited once, and used too much strength. She frowned at me, and I said "Sorry," because I knew that I was there to learn about energy, not to demonstrate how much stronger I was than her. We pushed hands together for a while longer, and then the lesson was finished, and so was the dream.

An Acid Dream
(You'll see what I mean.)

I entered my room. Something was weird about it, the atmosphere was all hippie-ish and smoky. It took me a few minutes to notice that someone had decorated it for me, as a gesture of affection or perhaps love. The room was dark, and there were beads and tapestries hanging. There were two beds, at right angles to each other.

I was very tired. Every motion was difficult.

I crawled onto the second bed, the one I wouldn't sleep on. I pulled the blanket up and underneath it, on the pillow, was a gifts: A plastic bottle of water, and three tabs of acid in a wide white porcelain spoon.

The spoon was a longer version of the kind used for soup in Japanese resteraunts.

I was very excited by the thought that I could sell some of the acid, as well as taking the rest of it myself, and that way earn some money.

The bottle of water was really just for drinking to wash down the acid. I was confused as to its function though. I tipped the spoon over the mouth of the bottle. I must have intended to drop only one of the tabs of acid into the water, but instead all three dropped in. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if the tabs wouldn't degenerate in the water or if I'd have to drink all of the solution right away.

I went across the hall, into the kitchen. There were a bunch of people there, assembled, sitting on chairs, perhaps listening to a speaker, although I didn't see who. Some of the people were old and far- gray women and bald men- but most were college students. P., a really hot guy with long beautiful hair, was there. I kneeled next to him to say hello, the two of up spoke in whispers so as not to disturb what was going on. P. told me that I didn't have to be there. Then I noticed that he had gotten a buzzcut. I was stunned and horrified. I told him that I lived right around the hall and he should come by.

Then I went back to my room.

I took a tiny sip of the water, now with acid dissolved in it. It was slightly sweet. Everything slowed down and got heavy.

I got my friend G. I wanted her to advise me in my dillema. She told me to dilute the acid in water because as it was the solution was so strong. But the bottle was filed up to the top, so it needed to be emptied a bit before it could be diluted. So G. drank a few gulps.

She started ranting and raving pretty much right away.

I was in the bathroom with her, trying to pour water into the bottle, but i kept spilling and splattering. I came really close to splattering water on a girl in a nightgown standing to my left. I tried to apologize, to explain that I was always a klutz. My words were slurred, but she was forgiving.

G. ran out of the bathroom. The girl in the nightgown called after her, asking if she's be around later. G. yelled out that was wanted to be alone in her room. I tried to apologize on G.'s behalf but the words wouldn't come.

All the time it was early in the morning, perhaps 8 am. I was thinking about wherher I would go to class and then work. I wondered if I could do intricate molecular biology work in the state that I was in, when all I wanted to do was lock myself in my room and let the hallucinations come.

I wondered when the hallucinations would come.

I was walking down the hallway to my room. I saw a sign on the wall outside of a resident advisor's room advertizing the fact that he gave haircuts. Ah, I thought, that's why all the boys in this hall have recently gotten buzzcuts. Then I saw A., or rather a boy who was walking around with A.'s head on his shoulders. He came up the stairs. i said hello, but when he responded I said, "Stop talking to me, You're acting weild!". I mean to say "weird", of course. He laughed at me and walked away.

In a marsh I find two bodies. One of them is tied with white rope and has black tape over his mouth. The other has his mouth open in the manner of a scream. Both are frozen solid and are in an upright position. They start to thaw and I realize that they must be still alive so I start to run.

I hear a man violently cursing at someone off in the distance. I hear him moving around from street to street and hitting someone younger and weaker with his silver cane handle. When I go to investigate I see about ten children in white robes with black numbers on the bottom of the robes standing in niches in the hemispheric dome roof. They are singing and the singing is making the man with the cane hurt himself and restrain himself with the cane.



NOTE: Follow the hardlinks for possible symbol interpretations.

I know it's been a long time since this day happened, but the dream is still just as vivid as it ever was. I feel justified in writing about it months later.

Quite possibly the simplest and best dream I've ever had. I was standing in a convenience store, waiting on something to happen. I didn't know at the time what I was waiting for and it didn't matter. Suddenly, I was struck by the urge to eat cookies. So I looked around and found some that were as big as my head, with chocolate chips. I unwrapped two of them and proceeded to eat them. They were good.

So what might the deep meaning behind this dream be? I think it means that cookies are good, and that I should eat more of them. Oh, and if you ever have a cookie dream, you'll see how nice it is to wake up after something like that. How can you be sad or upset after you've just finished dreaming about cookies?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.