I was surprised to find myself in a baseball game. I was up to bat. I was in a state of panic. (I suppose this was because I am not a very good batter.)

So I bunted.

Unfortunately, I am not the speediest runner, so I was once again in a difficult situation, I found myself short of first base as the ball was coming towards the first baseman. So I slid into first, head first.

All I remember is a lot of dust...I don't know if I was safe or out (is it really legal to slide head first into first base?)

I was playing ice hockey for HIFK (Idrottsförening Kamraterna i Helsingfors (in Swedish), something like Sports Union Comrades of Helsinki) with my two brothers and former HIFK star Kari Laitinen (I have the same family name but AFAIK we are not relatives) as a center. The game was against JYPht (Jyväskylä Players Hockey Team (or something like that)) and we were doing pretty well. There was a break in the game and the start was going to be on the right hand side in front of the JYPht goalie. This start was quite crucial and I decided to stay on the ice regardless of opinion of our coach. (He was, afterall, pretty impressed by my attitude.) I knew I was needed in front of the net to make goalkeeper's life difficult.

Somehow the game transformed to floorball and the teams as well. There was only my youngest brother with me anymore and other unknown teammates. One of our teammates made fun of my brother's shoes because they were far too soft for floorball. But brother handled the situation well giving back couple of nice lines.

I mastered the game. There was a cute Chinese girl (if someone has seen my Day Log from yesterday, this is not the same girl..) hanging around me, admiring. I chatted with her while playing. On the right hand I had my stick and on the left my black leather coat. Single-handed, I made couple of impressive passes using my foot but teammates, including my brother, missed the chances.
Suddenly I had a very good change to shoot a goal. I tried to get rid of my coat in order to make a proper shot and I apologized Chinese girl: "Sorry, have to score, I'll fuck you later."

I woke up.

Slanted Reality

  • I'm with my friend Allen and his girlfriend Nicole as we are driving to a friend's party at a house near an ocean cliff. The strange thing is, we are sitting on a large inflatable mattress (like you might find in a swimming pool) and it is on this that we are speeding down the twisty mountain road faster than all the other cars. As we approach oncoming vehicles they strangely pull over to my right-hand-side of the road. Traffic going the same way as us pulls over to the same side as we zoom past amazed faces. As we near the ocean, some militant farmers spot us from their hillside and begin to shoot at us from across the river canyon that we are skirting. Bullets ricochet around us but we finally arrive at the house; except it's actually the guest house and the party is going on across the large property in the main house. It's just one large room with no furniture or features besides the walls, windows and high ceiling. But something strange happens after I lie down in exhaustion and close my eyes. When I open them, I see the image of the blue-grey walls and sunlight streaming in through the window--all tilted sideways since I'm lying down. But when I try to sit up I find that my vision stays slanted; the room and Allen and Nicole tilt crazily as I move my head around. It's frightfully disorienting and I lament my troubles to my friends who can do nothing but encourage me to keep trying. Repeatedly I close my eyes and try to reopen them, hoping that my vision is restored but it never is.
I believe this sensation was caused by a partial association with my actual supine body as it lay sleeping in my bed. My head was actually in that position, looking sideways at my wall and window. Thus I was experiencing my dream body's inability to move my real body. This was strangely reminiscent of Salvia divinorum trips where gravity and physical orientation seem to function relative to your body. Also, the ride on the mattress was interesting since it bears such a close resemblance to my earliest dream memory: I was about two years old and dreamt I was rolling down a mountain highway on my parents' big bed.

I was at home, but it wasn't my home. The year was like, well a few days before the attack on Pearl Harbour. Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett just left to join the army or something. Kate Beckinsale was talking to Ben Affleck about why they didn't get married, but both of them are confessing their love to each other. Don't bash me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen the movie yet, this is just how it went in my dream. Well that was the intro to my dream, it never really carried on into the rest of my dream.

Instead I just got into special ops/cop/FBI or something and I just got a partner who was my senior though and he was still showing everything to me. Kate Beckinsale was like the motherly/sisterly figure at home. I had a mission to complete, it was my first one so I left home and I think that's what made Kate so sad because everyone left her.

Well the mission went by really fast and I couldn't really remember what happened. All I knew was that I was in another city and I was heading towards a hotel building that my friend was staying in. When I went in her dad and another friend was in there with her. Her dad and her were watching television (the new Panasonic wide screen HDTV that they got) while the other friend was playing a game on the computer, but instead of controlling it from the outside with a mouse and keyboard she was actually in the game playing it. My friend had played the game before that's why she was watching tv but my other friend hadn't and she was screaming because she kept dying by doing the wrong thing. (Reminiscent of the time when we played Phantasmagoria with Rex Mundi -- being the only one who hasn't played -- we made Rex Mundi control it and see what would happen. Needless to say there was multiple variations of death). In this game the murderer comes out of nowhere when you do something wrong and stabs you with a needle full of poison or something. The state of my friend's character was, she stepped in a puddle of blood and had blood on her shirt and was freaking out so she was looking for something to wipe it off.

We did some walking around the city and I mentioned how there was a couple that has been standing around the same spot making out for like the whole day. Over 12 hours and we laugh. I don't know why I even noticed that. But I think I began to suspect them as spies because I think I was on another mission but I had forgotten the goal and specifics of the mission. When I went back to see the couple, they were gone. I then became rather confused and wandered around the city when I jolted awake.

Having been sent to interview the family with 100+ cats in their house, I jumped the back fence and headed towards the house.

Walking across the backyard, I found it amusing to make the "psssssssst" noise that cats hate so much. I watched them scatter and remember thinking how 'they will be back to wee on my bed (in revenge) later'. There was allot of cats. Being let inside, through the back door by a scowling woman (she had seen me annoying the cats - I assume she is the 'mum' of the house), I go into the main room.

This is a very open room. One of the kitchen/kids/family type rooms. It has a vinyl floor, but has a number of kids carpets thrown around (the type with car tracks printed on them) and a large couch. The room is darkish, and is strangely devoid of cats. I assume it is the 'father' sitting on the couch.

Whilst waiting for the reporting crew to turn up (it turns out I am a neighbour), I begin playing with a kids toy the father had been playing with. It is a spherical toy, with 2 halves. inside one half is a number of 'pieces' that are obviously meant to fit together. This toy fascinates me, and I turn it over and over trying to put the pieces together in the correct order. All the while I even let a cat or two walk across the back of the couch near me (I seem to be _reallY_ hating cats in this dream).

It was at this stage I woke up, but I have been trying to finish the spherical puzzle in my mind all morning so far.. and even though I KNOW it can't be done, I feel strangely compelled to play with it.

I am really wondering what's stressing me at the moment!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.