I actually had two dreams last night.

The first is one of my favorites. It's a recurring dream I've been having since I was round about 6, and it revolves around this ranch house in Missoula, MT, at 657 Melody Lane. I'm convinced I'm supposed to live in this place someday. It's so nice, it has this giant natural rock fireplace and big couches and a leather chair with a pull over desk that's just perfect for a little composing. Then there's my giant rack of digital studio equipment, samplers, sequencers, etc etc. I had a dream about the Roland JP-90 in 1993. Yeah, I know. Sometimes I freak myself out.

The second was about 30 seconds long, and it dealt with the spitting Mr. T hose attachment toy, that you could throw sponges at. If you hit it, it would spit water at whoever was on the other side. I had one of these when I lived in DeSoto, TX. In the dream, its me when I was six, and I'm playing with it, but I'm alone. I remember I was tired of being scared.
I found myself back at the IRC party which took place last weekend.
I had grown tired of partying and gone to sleep downstairs, but some of the people decided we would go downtown to party some more. I was really exhausted, but the guys persuaded me to go with them.

So there we were, downtown Hämeenlinna.
I was too tired to go anywhere, so as the others left to find a bar, I just stood on one of the 3 bridges crossing the freeway and looked at the city. They had installed a lot of new neon signs in one of the buildings, and I felt a sudden urge to take a picture of this colourful sight.
Rexx had left his digital camera to my backpack. I tried hard to operate it but failed, all the buttons and messages on the screen going over my head. I spotted the owner himself nearby and asked him to shoot the photo. But apparently I had messed up the camera's configuration since it refused to work. Before Rexx could fix my screw-up, the sun started coming up and all the signs were automatically switched off.

Damn.

I usually don't dream, or don't remember my dreams, so I believe that when I do, they have some sort of significance. I also feel disadvantaged in not being able to regularly contribute to the dream log page each day, but last night I did dream.

Don't scream at your furniture, Don't scream at your furniture

My alarm clock was blaring and my roommate, Jess, was yelling at me, so I slipped my Alarm clock under my covers and let him continue to tell me that which I should not do to my furniture. I rolled back under the covers and used my foot to push the snooze button.

Don't scream at your furniture, Don't scream at your furniture

My roommate was gone, and my alarm clock was telling me not to scream at it while it blared, louder now than before. I hit the snooze button, but it didn't stop the thing, so I unplugged it. With no end of the alarming in sight, I wrapped it in a blanket and threw it out my door. With that being my only blanket, I curled up in bed, and pulled my shirt down over my feet... drifting off again.

Then I was sitting in front of my computer, apparently I was noding in my dream. I looked down at the new writeups section, and all the posts were on Don't Scream at your furniture, so I started yelling, I just let out a howl, "What? Why? Why the hell would I scream at my furniture! It's just furniture, it doesn't hurt anybody! I'm not offended by it or any-" and then I noticed that my computer was gone and I was yelling at my desk.

D'oh.

I dreamt of E2.

I spent the night last night with the woman I've been pursuing for the past ten weeks. I adore the time I spend with her and it is only now that I can finally say I have won her over. We laid in bed together, cuddled closely, her back to my chest. I fell asleep with my arms around her, into a shallow but pleasurable rest. I woke intermittently, likely because I haven't slept with anyone (save her in the past few days) in about seven months. It was those moments of waking sleep that were most joyful and most confusing.

You see, I was dreaming about E2. I don't know why. If you've read any of my other dream logs, then you likely know I dream in color. In addition, I see words and understand their meaning; it is said that one cannot read words while dreaming, and if this is true then I am simply remembering the image of the words in my mind. Regardless, they were there.

yossarian
dem bones
dragoon
nate

Man oh man, what the FUCK are you guys doing in my dreams? Don't get me wrong; they're all nice guys, but I mean, Jesus, I need to cut back on E2. It's not like this was a dream where we were physically in each other's presence, either. I was noding, and they were in the catbox.

It gets worse.

The woman after whom I've pined for so long and whom I now find in my arms had, apparently, joined the ranks of noders and written a writeup in this dream. It was apparently a very good writeup and was commented on by the above jokers. I wanted to upvote it.

Now imagine that you're dreaming this while half awake holding on to your new lover and whispering in her ear what you thought of her writeup and how you want to upvote it, while alternately kissing her neck.

Hypnagogic hallucinations, anyone?

Jesus, I'm glad I caught myself before she woke up and understood that I was trying to talk to her about E2 and calling her yossarian. I don't know how I would explain some of my old day logs...

The moral? I need a break. I think I found her.
Me and Paul are sitting on the benches, smoking cigarettes, and Mike is sitting in a tree, picking off squirrels with a sniper rifle. He thinks he's in Unreal Tournament, and keeps yelling things like "Go for the flag! I got you covered!"

Anyway, George dubya walks up to me and Paul and starts talking to us, and I hit him in the head with a bottle of Arizona Iced Tea. The Secret Service dudes jump out of the bushes and throw me in a van. Mike starts popping them with the sniper rifle, and he actually gets them all, but then no one can figure out how to get me back out of the van.

Then I woke up. Wow.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.