I walk down the over populated grey street, cars buzzing around me, the pitter patter of feet walking, running, to where ever it is that they desire. The mumur of voices talking, laughing together. But mostly I feel cold. Not just the normal cold, but a scary spine tingling cold. I look down at my feet, oddly enough I am not wearing shoes, my feet are bright red, with purple bits. My nose is running like a tap.

I didn't care. Its only coldness. Who said its a bad feeling.

Like a shock to my system, thunder bolting its way through my body suddenly the thought popped into my head. I stopped. I looked at the shop window. The store was closed. I stared, the window stared back.
"Where am I going?"
Was I walking aimlessly around the inner city streets, on a mid winters night. I felt as if I had no where else to go.

It started raining, spitting down on me, as if all the people in heaven disapproved. The rain started rapidly getting harder, it wasn't spitting now, it was projectile vomiting.
I was soaked, not to mention the pain, of sharp water constantly hitting you. I screamed.
I guess it was now a good time to find cover. I looked around. Did a 360 turn, it seemed as if I turned so fast so that everything was a blur. I was so wet, I felt if as I was going to drown in myself. Panic entered my body.
For some reason I just started walking. Down the street, around the corner. I was now on an avenue. Hundreds of cars, trucks, buses, to the left of me. I stopped to look at all of this, all the water splashing up as they drove through puddles at fast speeds. Oh yeah, I am meant to be looking for cover.

Up the road a bit there was a bus shelter. "Ah-hah" I thought to myself.
I started jogging towards the shelter, then sprinting . It seemed like hours had past, before I finally got there.

I sat down, as you do. Sitting. Sitting. Sitting.......

Sunddenly out of nowhere an old man appeared. I felt as if my heart had just jumped out of my chest.
"Wh-wh-at? Who are you?" I said in a squemish voice.
He did not answer. I stared at him, he just stood there. He stood there looking at me.
The short old man looked like a cliche begger. Dirty brown face, long grey raggy hair, a long grey dirty raggy beard, with brown, with half cut up clothes/rags.
"Ummmmm... hi... What do you want? I mean, what are you doing here? Not that you are not aloud to be here... its just.. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STARING AT ME?!" I suddenly got angry.
Why WAS he staring at me.
I stood up. Deciding to leave, I would rather be soaking wet and cold, than some scary old beggar man staring at me.
I walked a few steps past the old man.
"STOP" He said in a feeble voice.... another cliche.
"What?!" I replied in a childish voice. I suddenly felt ashamed. "What do you want?" I said in a more suiting way.

I woke up.

Black Widows & Satanists

  • I visit my friend, Nicole, at her condo. It's a one-story unit with a private walled-in patio out front. I enter the space through the front gate and approach the front door. After knocking, Nicole appears and invites me in. She tells me how she has a strange sore on her foot and how she'd just returned from the doctor, who told her it was something simple and obvious. She wonders aloud why her own mother couldn't identify it after examining it for an hour. We walk outside onto the patio and Nicole sits on the ground near the door, under the fronds of a large potted plant. I'm standing a few feet away and notice a huge copper-colored spider sitting in the plant a few inches from Nicole's head. Despite the color, I exclaim that there's a black widow. Nicole looks curiously at the spider but makes no move to distance herself. Then I notice an identical spider on another part of the plant behind Nicole's head. I point it out and she is still nonchalant. I, on the other hand, am quite troubled by the sight and retreat a few meters away--though I praise Nicole's courage. She tells me they're "interesting".

  • I'm standing on a patch of city greenbelt in downtown Santa Cruz. An impromptu parade or rally is in progress and I watch the many faces go by. Distinct groups are easy to pick out because the members all dress very similarly. I see Hari Krishnas, hippies, big dudes in camouflage and a host of other sights. The last group to pass catches my interest for some reason. They all wear shiny capes in a dark-reddish salmon color. As the last member walks by I approach and ask him what his group is. He pauses for a while and a strange smile crawls onto his face. He looks familiar--like an esoteric-minded guy I met through the Art of Living course. He confesses wryly that they're Satanists. I smile back as I wonder about the capes--which gives me an idea. "Does Satan give you the gift of flight?" He tells me no, that the capes are just for show. It's my turn to smile wryly as I lift both feet off the ground and levitate gently in front of him. He's less surprised than I thought he'd be so I begin to swing to and fro in space. After a while he leaves to rejoin the march.

Me and Iwonka were in some Central European country on a holiday. It reminded me a lot from Prague but I cannot say for sure. We had decided to go around the city separately for a while and now it was time to catch up each others.

Iwonka is already standing on the street waiting for me when I arrive. She seems pretty happy and I try to look like a question mark. "Guess what!? I met another Finnish guy. He's working somewhere middle way from Helsinki to Tampere", she says. Iwonka starts to walk towards a little church which however doesn't look like a church outside. It's just like any other building. "We are going to get married and I ask you to be a priest or something", Iwonka tells me. A dodgy looking guy dressed in dress coat and black t-shirt steps in. He has an evil grin on his face. He has a semi-long black hair and actually he looks a bit like a satanist who sacrificied a young person gaining thus a notorious reputation in Finland. I told Iwonka that the place where his "working at" is actually a prison i.e. he's doing time there. The guy nods saying it's more like a probation and adds for Iwonka: "Welcome to share some time there.". However, this doesn't have any effect on Iwonka and probably she knew it already.

So, we proceed with a wedding ceremony. There's no one else but three of us in the church. Because I cannot remember all the jargon involved in a wedding I make it short. I just ask the guy if he wants to marry Iwonka. He nods. I almost slipped: "You may now kiss the bride." but because I'm jealous and even a bit angry I shut my mouth and say nothing. I shut the bible I held in my hands even though I never referred to it. Somehow I just know the marriage is doomed to fail and I don't feel that bad anymore.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.