I can't remember what exactly I'm doing, but I get a call on my cell phone. It's a state trooper. He tells me that my parents were believed to have been watching Mount something-or-other when it blew up. They were on a trip to San Francisco. The reception is bad, and I can't tell if he's saying they're missing, dead, or ok. I don't know if Mount something-or-other is a volcano or a forest fire, so I ask him. He laughs at me and can't believe that I don't know. Apparently he believes that EVERYONE should know about this volcano/forest fire. I pretend that I did know and was just kidding. I hang up and still don't know the fate of my parents.

Interpretation: Obviously I'm very concerned about my parents' safety. My father has a smoldering all-encompassing anger, and while he's never harmed my mother that I know of, the fear of it is always there. His anger, or perhaps the whole situation (his anger, her passive-aggressiveness) is represented by Mount whatever in my dream. The phone call from a state police trooper is my worst nightmare...one I've had for all of my life, as this dynamic has existed between them for as long as I can remember. My father has held the threat of suicide over our head since I was a small child. I remember sleeping on the floor during one of his drunken rages, just in case he decided to shoot into the house. I'm not sure what the state trooper laughing at me because I don't recognize whether Mount whatever is a volcano or a forest fire means.

Scary stuff. Is it a glimpse of the future or just a representation of my worst nightmare?

This is the first dream in weeks that I have had a clear enough recollection of to log it. I was walking along a dock with the girl I took to the prom. She was wearing the same dress, a deep blue velvet outfit. I had a suit on, not the prom suit, just a non-descript dress suit.

The anachronistic nature of our clothing was clearly evident. The timeframe I think it took place in was sometime during the 19th century, and I think it was in New York.

All of a sudden, the dock became horribly crowded and I lost sight of my companion. I pushed through wave after wave of pedestrian; all one of them were absolutely identical. They were all male, around 60 years old. Each of them wore black pants, black shoes and a horizontally striped blue and white t-shirt.

The girl was taller than all of the men, as was I, but I still could not find her. I eventually wondered into a restaurant, and the entire scene changed from old world America to that same eatery from ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ where Zhang Ziyi kicks the shit out of a horde of combatants and proclaims herself the ‘Invincible Sword Goddess’.

It was empty but for 2 girls I know from college. I danced with both of them, sometimes seemingly simultaneously.

I caught sight of my prom date, only to be distracted by one of the identical pedestrians. He kept pulling me back, until I turned around and slugged him across his homogenous face. By the time this little fracas was past, I had lost the girl again.

Then, inexplicably, I woke up.

Comments and twisted pseudo-erotic interpretations are more than welcome; nay, in fact, they are encouraged.

Sounds like everyone had fucked-up dreams last night. Me too. I dreamed I was a screamy, weak-at-the-knees Brad Pitt fan who stalked him into a parking lot and irritated him by pawing his sweater. But them he gave me a kiss and the dream fast-forwarded to a few weeks later where we were a happy couple and Milla Jovovich was pissed off at me for stealing her boy. She’s not with him in reality, just my weird celebrity dream. So suddenly I’M Milla, and filling the house with bugs to freak him out. I smear dead bugs all over the walls and stuff. Crazy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.