"Haven't had a dream in a long time" *

I feel as if I'm in control of my life again. I imagine this is why last night's dreaming was very light. I cannot remember any specifics, but I do remember that I woke up several times with a feeling of "what a ridiculous dream". I also felt very thoroughly rested. Are bad dreams bad for your sleep?

Tonight is a big party. I do expect some interesting dreams in the night that follows. I will make another try on lucid dreaming.


* The Smiths, Please please please let me get what I want

fragment

. . . I walk through a door. . and I am in the box of a large theatre, or opera house. A learned professor is giving a lecture way, way down at the front. In the box with me are other students, and a tutor-lecture assistant.

The professor is too happy with his students; he is asking for responses to his assignments. No one is answering. But I am thinking, Gaea--I know this.

He calls upon the "officers of the class"; they don’t know either. Finally, he terminates the class.

Up in our box, I give the lecture assistant an essay I just happen to have with me. He looks through it. With us in our box, there is an older man--I suppose a wise man--who is approving of my essay and what I have written. And so is the lecture assistant. He asks me what would I have said to answer the professor’s question; I say Gaea. There is a gasp from the students around me. . .

I had a dream last night that makes me wonder just way do dreams mean or do they mean anything at all. I dreamed last night that I was going out on a date this girl that I meet a few days ago. I picked her up in my car and asked her "where we off too". She said she wanted to go watch the A&M team play. I thought cool I love to go to the football games. I started off towards the football field when she said she they replaced football with a new sport. Seems we where to watch some new sport she keep calling wack ball. I had never heard of this but I remember trying to fake knowing what I was talking about with her as she went off about it. I remember not wanting her to know I had know idea what she was talking about.

My dream shifted before I ever got to find out what wack ball was. All of a sudden I was at my high school stadium. Also I was back in my band days. Me and the girl that I was on a date with started getting ready for band. She asked for help with her uniform and I couldn’t figure out her problem. I had put the whole thing on myself right. But for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to get the balladic (a part of a marching band uniform) on her. Everyway I tired the balladic wasn’t right. I woke before ever getting it on her right.

Highly Creative

  • As I slip into black unconsciousness, I get a funny feeling: I suddenly realize I'm slipping into black unconsciousness, realize I have no body, realize there is no I. There is only this realization that exists, not floating, not lying, not seeing, not blind. A touch of paranoia hits, very similar to an intense marijuana high. Then nothing.

  • With two of my friends, I am in a strange land. I can tell that I am under the influence of some chemical, but I don't know what it is and I don't remember taking anything. The world becomes like a cartoon, buildings and plants painted by a blind man. Right angles bending, flat surfaces warping. I think, this will wear off soon. But it only gets more and more intense until there is nothing left to remember.

  • An indescribable experience. I am given the task of creating an internally consistent universe, complete with a logic, a physics, a language, a motivation, an Eschaton. I can recall nothing about it upon awakening besides these meta-principles because it would not make any sense inside this universe. It all fades away into morning sunlight.

I'm a Chilean politician. I supposedly was the vice of Bernardo O'Higgens (correct? The Chile's Irish president) and was hidden in the dark most of the time and left out of all political decisions (not that I am familiar AT ALL with Chilean government).

I'm sititng in my office listening to Falco, what sounds like Rock Me Amadeus only poorly remixed, and a large thud is heard from my door. I walk to the door, open it up and three fruit cakes have been lobbed into my door. I raise my head and down the hall I can see two men in Superman underwear running around a corner. The fruitcakes have notes attached to them but this being a dream, every written word is just a long squiggle, but somehow I knew this had something to do with religion in public schools.

I turn around, and my friend Ben is standing there with an old rotary telephone. There is about 4 feet of space between the ear and the mouth of the phone. I asked him how he expected me to talk on this, and he told me that you sat on the mouth piece and talked out of your ass and listened like normal. Talking out of your ass was pretty simple. It came without thinking. But everyone had a different ass voice than their vocal voice. Mine sounded like a posh yuppie valley girl from the 80's saying, "Like totally!" Ben demonstrates the ass-talking position and calls up our academic team coach and screams, "LOOK! A GIANT COCK!"

I interrupt the conversation and ask why he said that, and he says a whole bunch of crap that I can't remember anymore. I turn around and there is a giant wooden sculpture of a penis, about 8 feet high. Ben has stolen the sacred penis from the Annual Japanese Penis Festival and brought it with him. The penis explodes and several Trojans emerge and tear down every part of my office. Lars Ulrich is there. He steals the phone from Ben, who in return punches him swiftly and a fistfight breaks out. Ben has Lars in a headlock and I start crying. I then wake up.

I'm sitting next to the girl who recognized me in that TV&Radio production course. Sandra's wearing a green dress, and it's cut to show a lot of cleavage and a lot of leg. Her hair was short, but wavy and mixed with braids and little beads. She's telling me one thing that nobody in college would ever tell me: She's going out to a party, and she wants me to go with her. I said "Sure, sure. I'll go with you," and she kissed me on the cheek. I kissed her back, but I was kissing her shoulders and looking down at her dress. Sandra wasn't wearing a bra, and it shows. She smiles.

My father and I walked up to the tidepool. I knew if I wasn't careful, I would wake up. So I was careful.

The water was blue and green and came seeping silently in a wide field down the flat rock slope. Intellectually I knew this made it not a tidepool, but a tidepool is what it was. The water was colored so brightly because it was so clean.

I stepped into the shallows and it was cold, but not too cold. I swam slowly around the edge, feeling the sand nudge my toes when I kicked. I swam out to the middle and trod water as gently as I could, to still the surface, so I could look for fish. I did not see any fish but the sunlight filtered through the blue and green all the way to the clean rocks on the bottom, and it was beautiful.

My father stood on the shore watching me with his hands in his pockets. This isn't like you, he said, smiling. I know, I said, and dove down to the bottom.

i'm somewhere with craig and michelle. i think it was my girlfriend's house. he takes her upstairs for about 20 minutes, comes back down, and informs me he got a blowjob and that she wants me to go up there. i do, reluctantly, and end up having anal sex with her. i spend the rest of the dream freaking out because tricia is sure to find out and i don't want her to break up with me.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.