Serves 2, and believe me it's a lot of effort, so the 2 people should be you and a date you wish to impress.

You will need

To prepare

Remove the duck breasts. With a sharp knife cut along the length of one side of the breast bone as far as the wing joints. Ease the breast away from the carcass using short, sharp strokes and keeping the knife close to the bone. Remove the breast and repeat the process on the other side. Set the carcass aside.
Make the marianade. Mix together the brandy, lime juice and half the honey, with half the peppercorns, crushed, and salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the skin from the duck breasts, then place the breasts in a shallow dish. Pour over the marinade and leave to stand for 4 hours. Turn the duck occasionally during this time.
Melt the butter with the oil in a drying pan. Remove the duck from the marinade, place in the pan and fry over a high heat for a few minutes. Turn the breasts over and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until they are tender, but still slightly pink inside.
Meanwhile put the raspberries in a heavy based pan with the marinade and the wine. Heat gently for a few minutes and remove about one quarter of the raspberries with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining honey to the pan and boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
Strain the sauce through a sieve, pressing the raspberries with the back of a spoon. Return to the rinsed out pan with the reserved whole rpasberries and reheat. Taste for sweetness and adjust seasoning.
Slice the duck breasts neatly, then arrange on warmed individual serving places. Pour over the sauce then sprinkle with the remaining pepper corns. Garnish with lime julienne and serve immediatly.

I suggest serving with gratin dauphinois (sliced potates baked with cream and Guyere cheese) and a grispy green vegetable such as mange-touts or French beans.

cooking for one or two

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.