I have obviously lost my mind again, so I herewith present the semi-pro last-minute production of

E2SS2K9

ta-DAH!!


(Blatantly recycled) Rules

  • Sign-ups will be open from October 18, 2009 through November 7, 2009. Everyone will be assigned on November 12, 2009.
  • You must send out your gift by December 9, 2009 (and tell me about it) or else a backup will be assigned and you will be added to the non-senders list.
  • There is no limit on spending. We have had some really neat items sent in the past. Homemade stuff is by far the coolest.
  • Nobody got the super sekrit good luck bearing gift last year (yet again... *sigh*), so it's back out on the block.
  • The usergroup created for us is E2SS2009. Please don't abuse it - I know my inbox can't handle too much more traffic. I'll use it for announcements (deadlines etc.), and if you have questions you think everyone might be wondering about by all means do use it.


Regarding Non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to your noder, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let me know as soon as possible - I have had a bunch of people volunteer to be backups - so I can get your noder reassigned and gifted preferably before Christmas.

I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me. If you drop the ball like that, you will not be allowed to participate next year. I know that many people I hold dear here at E2 are reluctant to join in this year because of previous bad experiences, and I don't want that to continue. I want us to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.< /end rant/lecture/sermon/whatever>


How to sign up


Official E2SS2k9 Sign-Up Form

Send to martinagthompson@yahoo.com

E2 Username:

Name you want packages shipped to:

Email Address you can be reached at:

Things you would like to receive?

Any other notes:

Address to ship packages to:
(Even if it is in EMAR put it here)

Special shipping instructions:

Willing to be a backup?

Anyone you don't want to be assigned?
(reasons include, but are not limited to: being your SO, someone you despise, someone you had a one-night stand with, someone you previously gifted in a sekrit santa, or any other reason. But don't tell why. This will be kept strictly confidential, of course.)


Other Info

  • Let's make this fun. I really don't want to have to ask the Ninjagirls to help us out again this year.I AM a Ninjagirl, and will send the Sooper Sekrit Monkey Death Squad to non-mailers. Mmkay, thanks!
  • I will be asking my pet god to create a /msg list for all of us. Please don't abuse it.
  • It might help to place any additional information about you on your homenode. When I assign out people I will send the information you put on the form, but by putting more information they can actually learn a bit about the person they are sending this to.


Questions? Feel free to /msg me. Thanks!


Participants:

to clear up some confusion, I place a (SENT!) after the RECIPIENT's name when you tell me you've sent your present, then replace it with the /msg telling me what it was when it arrives. Don't Panic.

  • gwenllian says I got Lewd Food, Antarctica, and Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book! Awesome!!! :D
  • kevi says I got a wonderfully warm and soft scarf that came with a neat back story. Thanks, Santa!
  • Ian says I got Bakugan! Cool!!!
  • gwenatrix says I got two cool pairs of tights (I wore one to Grandpa's house already), a book about girl pirates, and a felt dinosaur board set, as well as a card to "Miss Maya J Thompson-Key" :)
  • GhettoAardvark says Holy crap, mine showed up today :D I got a knitted stocking tree ornament and a copy of Florida Roadkill by Tim Dorsey.
  • DTal - SENT!
  • libertas - says I got a very generous package filled with baked goods, fudge, books, mix CDs, a DVD and possibly some other stuff I'm forgetting, but it appears to be anonymous and I have no idea who to thank! Thank you, mysterious Virginian!
  • moosemanmoo - SENT!
  • Segnbora-t - says I got a neat desk calendar with prompts each week for interesting personal lists, and the Worst Case Scenario travel card game!
  • OldMiner - SENT!
  • Nadine_2 says Got my package from the most wonderful Kizor the other day, stuffed with evil liquorice and a donation of 15 native trees :) give the man a hug!
  • androjen says Man, oh man! My E2SS2K9 package came today, and I was totally floored. It came with yarn, awesome snacks, mojito mix, an adorable octopus wearing what appears to be an awesome handmade hat, a dreidel, and a gorgeous cephalopod-themed necklace that I'm wearing right now. I squeed, bigtime. Thanks, someone in the gwenllian household! My somewhat-lonely Xmas eve is not so lonely anymore.
  • Stavrogin - says I got a lovely card, a pocket calendar, two fossilized sharks' teeth, some interesting looking sauce mix, and a WHOLE OUNCE of saffron from my Secret Santa, whose identity I haven't yet ascertained. Thanks so much!!, and also says My Secret Santa sent me The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld, which is awesome! Easily the best Christmas present this year :)
  • Dimview
  • ushdfgakjasgh says wiccanpiper mails me a genuine shrunken head from south america, and an assortment of chocolates
  • crueltutelage - SENT!
  • The Debutante - RECEIVED
  • Ironnel says Mine sent me one big Chocolate E, one very pretty Japanese bowl, one set of red and gold chopsticks, a bag of chocolate euros, and a bag of... i think they're mini Snickerdoodles. Best thing ever to land on my stomach first thing in the morning. Now, who here hails from Nederland?
  • Wiccanpiper - RECEIVED
  • sloebertje - SENT!
  • lizardinlaw - experiencing technical difficulty, to be sent soon
  • Kizor says I got an improbably large variety pack of random weirdness. Thanks! I didn't think anyone at e2 knew me that well! Included is a dreidel, a wind-up cymbal-banging monkey, margareta cocktail mix and an edible shot glass, etc. The real-world equivalents of Every Flavor Beans are marvellous in groups. "I got earwax." "Really? I got coconut."
  • Junkill says I got a care package from a familiar address in the Midwest with wonderful treats and candy and margarita mix. Also a tiny wind up monkey who is absolutely perfect to terrify my cats and amuse my ferret with!
  • your name here

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.