The ship landed on a nice quiet winter afternoon. As it descended, the snow beneath the ship wisped around in circles - as if it were dancing.

A very elegant design, the ship was a simple silver dish, with 3 softly lit oval lights on the underside, and a slight protrusion on the upper platform which seemed to be a door of some sort. As the ship landed, four doors opened up from the underside and landing legs were mechanically lowered.

The legs of the ship grabbed the ground with a crunch, and the ship settled. The internal fans died down with a descending whir, and the ship grew silent. I could only watch in mesmerized curiosity from behind the brush. What was this ship here for? I cautiously strolled closer to the ship, and looked at the smooth surface. On the underside opposite the door-like protrusion, I found 3 markings....almost readable:

E D B

I had no idea what EDB stood for, and my thought process was interrupted by a loud clang. I stepped back, and eyed the source of the noise. My assumption of a door appeared to be correct, and it slid up and back into the ship. Bright white light poured out of the hole and spilled onto the surface of the ship, eventually fading into the daylight. A musty, metallic smell permeated the air. I slowly retreated to my observation point behind the bushes, but the light from the ship grew brighter and blinded everything else in the area. I made out a slight fuzzy edged silhouette of a figure, but it lacked any kind of detail. It stood there, silently glaring at me. Like a church bell on a quiet Sunday, the silence of the moment was shattered by a voice.

I AM EDB. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I've seen enough Star Trek to know that if you're confronted with a pissed-off borg and you're not armed in any way, you're pretty much fucked.

"Look, buddy...maybe we can work somethi-"

NEGOTIATION IS IRRELEVANT. YOU MUST COMPLY. EDB HUNGRY.

There goes the diplomacy angle. EDB jumped down from the door, and landed on the ground. The heat from his jumpsuit quickly melted the snow around his feet. WAIT A MINUTE. SNOW = WATER! Water doesn't go well with electronics, and this son of a bitch looked to be wearing a complete home entertainment system. I bent down, made a quick snowball, and threw it at EDB.

*PAFF*

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Shit.

Armed with nothing but a wallet, I figured this was a good time to try to get the hell out of there. I turned around and started to run, but EDB's eyepiece fired a beam at me, and I froze. I'm fucked.

EDB stood there motionless for a good minute, just eyeing my body. With a sudden jerking motion, he yanked up his forearm and pressed a button on its keypad. EDB's ship started to emanate a low hum. I felt a not-too-painful tingling in my lower abdomen. What the hell is THIS? after ten seconds or so, the tingling stopped, and EDB released the beam on me. I started to run, but I paused.

"Excuse me, but what the hell did you just do to me?"

YOU ARE A HEALTHY MALE. YOUR REPRODUCTIVE FLUID WILL BE INTEGRATED WITH BORG CIRCUITRY.
IT WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

Well, shit. EDB is having my Alien Love Child, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I briefly (Really briefly) consider kicking his ass, but after 0.67 seconds of consideration, I decide that's not an option.

EDB leapt back up to the door, walked back in, and the door closed behind him. His ship fired up, and the bare ground underneath started to vibrate. The legs retracted back into the ship while the dish held the same position. When the legs were fully retracted, the ship began its trip to the stars. It slowly sped up, and I figured this was as good a time as any to start yelling.

"That's RIGHT you bastard! RUN! Run like the chickenshit you are!"

The ship halted its ascent, and hovered.

"Heh...nah man, it's cool."

It resumed course, and I never saw it again.


NSR!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.