If you have the same problem I do (see: This Node), then you need to check out EarPlanes.

Anytime I fly, descent is always a bitch. My ears close up, and the pain is unbearable. I end up on the verge of tears every time. The pressure is just really really bad.

Then, one of my Mother's co-workers told her about EarPlanes. EarPlanes are a silicone ear plug with a built-in ceramic pressure regulator. As cabin pressure changes, a pressure differential is created across the ceramic filter causing air to flow through the filter.

I won't lie to you. Descent is still a little painful, even with the EarPlanes in....but shit, it's a hell of a lot better than it was without them. The pain WITH them is a dull, light pain, and is easily dismissed. I can now enjoy looking out the window without being overwhelmed by the pain in my ears.

EarPlanes are about $4.99 at Walgreens for a single pair. The box says that you shouldn't use them for more than 2 flights, because particles clog the filter. I just buy a new pair for each flight.

Thanks, EarPlanes! (Said with that goofy commercial-like smile.)


Noder's Note: I just reread this node, and I'll be damned if it doesn't read like a commercial. I assure you, it wasn't intended that way. I don't work for the company that makes EarPlanes, or any company affiliated with them. I just think their product is the shit.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.