RIP, whatever the old write-up here was.

Earlham College is a liberal arts college with a student body of approximately 1200 students. Most of the student body live on-campus in dorms. The students are very intelligent and enjoyable. The school has large and often outspoken Palestinian, Black, Japanese, Jewish, Christian, and GLBTQ communities. The college is a Quaker school and as such practices consensus in governing matters (loosely I would say).

Academically the school is quite demanding. It has a strong focus in social and pure sciences. Peaces and Gobal Studies, Sociology/Anthropology, and Biology, are especially strong departments. As liberal arts school though, all subjects are emphasized in the core classes the college expects for graduation.

Social life is over-all very chillin', which is quite nice I think, although it certainly has its dull moments. One notable event though is The Hash, a weekly drinking party in the woods (RIP Billy Palinski).

In sports, the school is pathetic. Every team has a losing season almost every year, but that doesn't matter to most students. EC Soccer Games are a riot of the their own regardless of whether it's a win or loss, and students always come out to support friends.

To sum up the experience I would say the school is a tight knit community of intelligent well educated students who are seeking to be activists and good citizens in the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.