September 29, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
history | prophecy

O dem bones, the new server time day dawns. It is possible that by the time that it ends I will be functioning again within the nodegel. Until then such valiant entities as dannye, knifegirl, wharfinger and yet others will work for the good of the gel as they always do.

But ultimately, the good of the gel is at the mercy of the noders. The nodes and the writeups that trail from them and drift back and forth in the freegel are fashioned by the noders. If the noders do not care for the shape of their nodes then the gel becomes thickened and dark. If the nodes "suck" then the gel becomes distorted around them. Godusergroup and editorusergroup entities swim to these areas to relax the nodeshells back into freegel, render the "sucking" nodes harmless by crying out /msgs to the noders or, if necessary, rendering the nodes back into freegel.

But there are already so many areas of the gel distorted into convoluted pockets of "suckage" that I fear the effect of more. And I worry about the way that "getting to know you nodes" act as votesinks, disabling voting as a way for noders to contribute to the direction of the nodeflow. Ah. Perhaps this worrying is just an interpretation being given to the effects of preparing to be shunted to a new location. I am sure all will be well. The gel is good. The noders are good. I will not worry.

My cilia are slowing as I prepare to sleep. My god cookie is on a Toshiba notebook. I understand that there will be DSL when I awake. I look around one last time and retract my dorsal eye stalks.


Briefly surfaced. Brought up three of the dorsal eyestalks to look around. Fluttered cilia to send a few /msgs. On standby mode. Will return.
Ack. Timezoned. It is 10:47 p.m. instead of 6:47 a.m. and the server says its 21:35.

Dissolved:

There's all these . . . things . . . crawling around on the floor . . . most of 'em are pretty cool, but -- YAAGGHH! There goes an ugly one! Jesus Christ, what is that thing . . . Squish.
  • "in" everythingians by everyone: "Current list of 'in' everythingians:" followed by three names -- none of whom, incidentally, would give a damn. This bullshit is asinine, childish, and dull. Grow up.

  • previous node by coplan: "The following node is true. " "Following node" is linked to "following node", which we'll be dealing with in a moment.

  • following node by coplan: "The previous node is false." "Previous node" is linked to "previous node", which we just saw. This is obvious and it's been done to death, both here and in high schools everywhere. Even Gödel had a go at it, if I recall correctly. Adding hardlinks doesn't make it profound.


Nodeshells We Just Don't Need: "in" everythingians, previous node, following node


I considered cutting my toenails, but they're my only natural defense.

Killed I'm lagging worse than a three-balled bitch! by

I leave the remaining nodeshell to gods' mercy.

Killed Integrate your write-ups by theonomist. It was a troll write-up which had nothing to do with the topic. Besides, its rep was at -13.

Killed Another miserable day at my horrible high school by mephistopheles. Puerile, close-minded, unintelligent, self-centered. Accusing everyone else for not seeing the noder as a genius who should be in college and not in high school, wasting his time on Shakespeare. Yawn.

That happened around midnight here in the US. Because the noder was new around here, I notified him beforehand. Alas, he reacted poorly, displaying the same self-centered attitude of all of you are against my genius in the chatterbox. Thank goodness for EDB's ever watchful eyes!

As the morning ensued, I fulfilled my sacred duty to E2, and examined mephistopheles' remaining two write-ups. I was horrified by what I saw. This noder has chosen his handle well! Not only is he self-centered, he is a stalker. My fellow citizens of Everything 2, ask not what Everything 2 can do for you, ask what you can do for your e-country! My fellow citizens have downvoted both mephistopheles' nodes, one all the way down to -11. I am proud of my fellow Everythingians good voting job. At any rate, both write-ups are gone now, nixed, killed, wiped out:

  • The girl of my dreams - a stalker's promise that the girl will eventually have no choice but marry him;
  • Love On A Cold, Dark Night - same as above, but in the form of a poem (strange for someone who says Shakespeare is worthless, disavows any knowledge of Faust, and asks "who the hell is Goethe?").
He now has no write-ups left. But I'm sure he'll post more. How good we have editors here!

Killed: OKolzig37's writeup in Fort Worth. It read: "The full name of Ft. Worth". KRA-THOOOM! It's a nodeshell now, gaddamnit.

Killed: tkennedy's writeup in obey. It read: "the opposite of disobey". What's Ted Kennedy doing noding on Everything anyway? Git back to yore boozin' and yore floozin', sir!

Killed: tres equis' writeup in Young Frankenstien. It read: "The illiterati's idea of how to spell Young Frankenstein." KRA-THOOOM! Unsurprisingly, it's now a nodeshell.

Killed: Xebeche's writeup in lonely. It was blank. User now has no writeups.

((I also got to see mephistopheles' blowup. It was funny. He threatened to come after all of us when he got votes. He complained about uneducated people, then said, "Who the hell is Kurt Vonnegut?" Oh, how we laughed. Such good times.))

And I got my god powers installed today. Surprisingly painless, but I'm afraid to touch anything.

All these new buttons..."Honkify"? "Titillate"? "Order Pizza"? "Bomb Iraq"? You mean we did that?!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.