September 8, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
backthen | yonderwhen

Hear o dem bones, from the midst of the redwood forests within which thou dwell, of our labours. For omissions of word or deed, forgive us.

I am continuing to nuke tribbel's extensive catalogue of pointless "Microsoft humour" nodes.

Ack. That took about an hour and a half.

And after deleting tribbel's request, there are more:

Well, that's it for now. I need to have lunch.

Congratulations to dragoon on his brand new editorial pants.

Gone gently into that good night:

I have also put a few links in some worthwhile wus. Some title changes.

I notice that break says in the daylog, this date, that a node was nuked but no mention of it was found in our logs. Could whoever nuked the node please contact break?

Ack. viterbiSearcher says: "Before I realised what a bad idea it was I tried to code the ACM classification scheme. I've trimmed the top level node to be merely descriptive, but could you please delete the lower level nodes ? Thanks, I've learnt my lesson.
  • ACM Computing Classification System A
  • ACM Computing Classification System B
  • ACM Computing Classification System C
  • ACM Computing Classification System D
  • ACM Computing Classification System E
  • ACM Computing Classification System F
  • ACM Computing Classification System G
  • ACM Computing Classification System H
  • ACM Computing Classification System I
  • ACM Computing Classification System J
  • ACM Computing Classification System K
You're welcome.

Furthermore:

  • What Would Jesus Do? by Geez. "A goat." Requested by jeremy f.
  • The Ben Group by Temporary man. As requested.
  • "Do you like Kettering?" "I don't know, you naughty boy, I've never kettered" by Utini420. As requested.

Crap zapped:

  • User smi2lez, last seen in July; all his worldly writeups killed. All two. No loss.

    • Tim Hartman: Some babble about somebody he knows.

    • Camp Nuhop: Some linkless and semi-coherent babble about desecrating religious artifacts at camp.

  • what to do if you've driven yourself crazy and stayed up all night because the perfect node popped into your head but when you go to submit it you realize the node has no content and that all you're left with is a really elongated title by Aeki

    Maybe dannye was quicker on the draw than I was, but I like to think the kill was mine. Kids? Don't do crap like this.

  • Tempestuous by Unstrung (last seen in May)

    I think he or she was trying to be poetic, but it didn't work out very well. It just didn't make any sense.

  • punch thy own damn self by pihwlook

    The user went to that node which docks you 10 XP, and -- in a good-natured way -- he wonders rhetorically if he'll ever get his XP back. He won't. In fact, he lost five more. I had a conversation with him about doing a nuke request, and in a laid-back, mellow kind of a way he just doesn't give a damn about XP. That's pretty cool, I think. That attitude is very pleasant and refreshing. But I still killed the writeup.

  • The Creator of the Universe is not going to waste His time sucking heat-energy out of your mixed vegetables by b_o_leary

    "He's far too busy going around to atheists houses and breaking their windows."

    I concur with the softlinker: Earn your bullshit. Or better yet, don't node bullshit at all. I'd also suggest learning the difference between a plural and a posessive in modern English. The joke in the title falls flat without context anyway.

  • User rfc1394 (noisome newbie): February 1, First Day of the Year, July 4, day of the year. He seemed to be noding all 365 days. Very thorough, but also pointless. dannye bagged a few, too.

    If he doesn't fix Nicolette Larson, I'll nail that one, too: "Chuck E's in Love" was recorded (and IIRC written as well) by Rickie Lee Jones, not Nicolette Larson. Furthermore, Larson died quite recently, not in 1977. This will be on the quiz. Okay?

  • political correctness by revscat23

    "What Dman blames everything political on. Being PC is worse, apparently, than eating kittens."

    This is not a definition of the term, it's a flame of a noder who didn't even have a writeup there. I reproduce the text only because of the "eating kittens" part, which is funny because DMan has written at length about eating cats. I didn't want that to be lost. If you absolutely must flame people, either do it in the Chatterbox, or leaven it with useful information. If you find one of DMan's political writeups and flame him while refuting his position, or even just making an honest attempt to refute it, that's okay. You gotta have content.

    I don't mean to suggest that there's anything particular about DMan with all this. You could flame me in the same way, or anybody. Literally anybody! Really. The sky's the limit. Flame your little hearts out. But if you do it wrong, CHOP CHOP CHOP the editors will come and CHOP your little legs off, and you won't like that much, will you? OHH no, nope, no you won't. Not one bit.

    This user got his XP back because he was a cool dude about it. You almost certainly will not fare so well. Don't push your luck.



I think Bertron will have to be cleaned out, but right now I'm tired and discouraged.



Removable user(s): smi2lez

Useless nodeshells: Tim Hartman, Camp Nuhop.

/msg Senso {j4bb3rw0x0r} is a bit marginal. it would help a lot if you did pipe-links to non-'l33t versions of the words. that would help with reading it, too: one could mouse-hover for hints when in doubt as to meaning. /msg Spydr {an infinite loop} seems a bit useless. i'd call it recursion anyway. furthermore, we've got a dozen versions of that joke under various names. i think a nuke request would be a good idea. /msg Immaculate_Deception i just read {saccharine bass}, and you might be surprised how many people know what "saccharine" means. the latin tag is clever, but you should either hard-link or translate it. /msg b_o_leary {The Holy Bible} needs hardlinks, and the quoted text should be placed between quotation marks, like so: "quoted text".
Nuked the only writeup in big people, a November 13th buttnugget dislodged from the ragged sphincter of shadowplay. Text consisted entirely of "Everyone who is repressing you."

On further investigation, also nuked shadowplay's so-called contribution to little people, which was simply "all of the people you repress.", and also Gainesville, which (aside from being sadly inaccurate -- I speak from personal experience when I say that the "Sports fanatisism" and "fan facisim" are not merely a facade) was incoherent, misspelled throughout, and contained no useful content, but at least it wasn't one of those darned run-on sentences, which I hate.

On further further investigation, nuked several more useless nodes by shadowplay.

Hi everyone. Glad to be helping out with you all; let the slaughter begin.

Dead Dead Nodes:

Necrophiliac Beastulate by Stormhunter - One line, no links do not a writeup make. Is beastulate even the correct word?
Xerocracy by Ed Halley - We hates nodes saying "I thought this was X, ha ha.", we hates them my precious.
Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk? by rusnovn (Gone since January) and xieger (Never appeared on E2) - nothing technically wrong, but the other writeup makes them extremely unnecessary
death by drowning by thornboy - questionable content, little of it at that, no justification and the user never saw the light of E2. Sorry.
The boy with the thorn in his side by Jet-Poop - an unsuccessful attempt of playing off the title. I found it pretty pointless, so bye-bye.
FordPrefect's Why not to use GNOME 2 - one line of advocacy without justification. I liked killing it, watching its eye dim... Nodeshell cleaning?
spineless by Sinergy - no E2 experience, and Webster filled it just as well.
Hamlet by groogroo - ditto.
Much Ado About Nothing by android - "A comedy by William shakespeare. More to come." Too bad someone else got there first.
John Locke by cpright - Inaccurate and scanty information.
moronic right-wingers by vole and The Moshing Dragon - One's flamebait, and poor flamebait at that, and the other one's tragically misplaced. Maybe the left-over nodeshell could die the true death, please?
Tom is a fucking retard by ansomatica - perhaps useful as an example of the Platonic ideal of useless, but on second thought - no. Bye.
entrippy's brain damage. Woundweavr was /msged as well. E1 nodes don't age gracefully.

Requested by Modnar:
37217 th node by shornibr - Not any longer it isn't. Nodeshell cleaning?
kiddie porn by SiliconJesus - your point was?
so now briefly I enter the top 20 I think. by fondue and General Wesc - more nonsense nodes about noding. Die.
A BIG GROUP OF PEOPLE FUCKING by Spydr - Manages to push two of my "urge overkill" buttons here: see also and not to be confused with. Die die die 666 die die fornicate die die die. Nodeshell cleaning?
My ex-roommate has a 10 pound bag of cane sugar by recursive, magenta (Tsk!) and TMA. - Tell it to someone who cares. At least try to make it interesting, please. Nodeshell cleaning?
core's wu in I suck - while the others aren't winners, this one's just wretched.
goreisms by erikbjo - After being contacted by a concerned dem bones and dannye (These people work hard to make sure you stay happy) I'd like to make it clearer why this was killed. The writeup was a list of quotes attributed to Gore. The majority of the quotes were not by Gore - the infamous Internet quote seemed to be the only honest one, and that has been covered elsewhere. This was noted by Eos in a secondary writeup and by me. I find it hard to believe the attribution was an innocent mistake, as I can easily find numerous direct copies from Dan Quayle quotes with only the names changed. I did not nuke it for political reasons, I nuked it because it was incorrect, and the noder must have known that. Considering E2 relies on trusting the input of the noders, I think fraud should be punished with a heavy hand. Update: Modnar has also /msged me that he mentioned the problem to the noder earlier and got a "I could care less" response. I'm feeling this was appropiate.

D-E-D... DED!!!!!!
  • Team Gecko by DirkGently:

    -Long gone user's outdated w/u about the Q3A beta.

  • 377 by the once-assimilated Zifter:

    "A number not greater than 378, but not less than 376. May also be a prime number."

    -Hey Zifter, I didn't bring my calculator with me... do you happen to know 13 X 29 off the top of your head?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.