At The Wailing Wall, the path to the ear of God is eased by the prayers, that came before you. I want to be the prayer that comes before you.

I record the suffering, so that when you read it, you know that you are not alone. So that there is no suffering that is new. There is only the Belief that came before you that survived it. Suffering that has been survived is a pain that can be understood. It has been lived through. I give you suffering that Belief has survived.

I want to be the prayer that comes before you. Because we exterminate the true Believers. You may slay the true Believer.

But you cannot slay their Belief.

Because any suffering Belief survives is a victory of the soul. And that is the sound God listens for. The sound of Belief that paves the way to His ear.

I want to be the prayer that comes before you. Because I can make that sound. And if I can make that sound in your name, maybe He'll listen to you, next time you are suffering.

Ease your grief.

Maybe He will hear the awful racket we are making down here, hurting one another.

I think everyone should be loved well, at least once. Even if by a stranger. Someone they have no face for, who has come out the other side of suffering. The prayer that came before you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.