WAY too often confused with wit or intelligence, usually consist of a reserved angry condescending attitude.Characterized by forming long sentences with big words, although the sentence itself sounds smart but has no meaning. Most of the time used in really terrible poems by teenagers who think "the whole world is against me". Many times people who live by this attitude contradict themselves as long as they sound smart or are "going against the norm". An example: If they were a citizen in Rome when Christianity was being persecuted as a cult, they would have "claimed the righteousness and purity of this great religion, compared to the evil romans whose only perogative(people who adopt empty cynicism love that word) is to destroy the souls and hearts of all that is part of what existence is". However, if they lived today,in reference to christianity, they would "denounce the evils of a religion that trys to destroy the souls and hearts of all that is part of what existence is". The best remedy to cure a person affected with this is to: A) take away all their black clothes (which is most probably what they wear), B) take away their Godspeed You Black Emperor! records, C) get them away from their computer for a walk or something.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.