1. What is your name?

Joy. Or Mum. Or Miiiiiiiiss ....

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Urgh, what to say – I'm was originally an English major, but my Masters is in CompSci. , which is why i'm currently doing another graduate degree , changing my focus back to the Arts. I teach creative writing at a university, and publish quite a lot of poetry, fiction and reviews. I have a husband, a daughter, a grandson and 4 cats. For so called 'fun' I write, direct, produce and occasionally act in plays. Currently I'm just getting to know a new bunch of freshmen and preparing for the opening night of A Midsummer Night's Dream in the park, which I'm producing.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was researching something (can't remember what) and Google or Infoseek landed me at an idiosyncratic, opinionated entry from Everything. Once I was there, it was inevitable I would stay (what with the whole idiosyncratic, opinionated thing).

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

There's so much beautiful writing here that an exhaustive list would take forever, but a cross-section of stuff I love would have to include:

And many, many more.

My own writing? Well, I love all my children equally, whether it's the boring factual ones, the histrionic emotional ones or the wry jokers, so picking favourites is insidious, but for sheer overblown excess, I'm kind of fond of I am three, she said.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

It feels like everyone is saying the same things here, but basically, I liked moments of collaborative creativity, like Summit in Savannah or the Moloch daylogs in December 20, 2002. I didn't like the conflicts that got nasty – those around Dman, Stile, Ush and so on.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Addiction. Can't find a 12-step plan.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That people continue to love and nurture it (cue hosts of people sticking fingers down their throats and gagging).

8. What does E2 mean to you?

Something stimulating to read. Somewhere to test the waters with my writing. Soylent Green.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I take a certain maternal pride in how well Alex has done. I'm fond of riverrun, dannye (curmudgeon though he can be), Jet-Poop, Grundoon, toasterleavings, creases, Rancid_Pickle, dem bones and many, many others. Like everyone who encountered him, I miss sensei. Many I have missed, such as deep thought, have snuck back when I wasn't looking, so I won't mention them in the hope they will continue to do so.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

If I featured as more than a face in the background, I'd like to be played by Juliet Stevenson but it's more likely to be Jennifer Saunders.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Fluffy, flying vampire bunnies. You'll have to replace the 'is' with 'are', sorry.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

The address to send the crate of booze to.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Demeter or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.