1. What is your name?

Lometa

2. What is your quest?

African or European?

3. What is your favorite color?

Autumn

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was introduced to E1 by an acquaintance. My first write up was a definition for the word Devotion. It was ported over here and eventually deleted for lack of content. See also: E2gods' storytime, December 3, 2007

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

From my side of the pixels and for better or worse, the most significant changes to Everything over the past ten years have been the creation of E2 and then the expansion of the number of characters we could have in a write-up. It was as if Yin and Yang showed up, Dman rocked this place and sensei rolled with it.

Seeing automaus's warning for the ten minute backup and telling the Gentle Noders good night.

The long months where E2 was off line.

The death of sensei.

The one-two punch of the death of Adam on 9/10 and then 9/11.

Nodermeets, noder marriages and noder babies.

The creation of C2, the arrival of iceowl, JohnnyGoodyear, the leaving of Wharfinger and Deborah909.

Touching the puppy, all in all just another brick in the wall, Ralph and Butterfinger McFlurry. Serial tales, April Trolls Day, Dead Man Walking

dem bones getting married and then leaving the helm.

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

It's too painful to recall. A lot of them are gone now.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

The avant-gardes with their off the cuff word slinging that used to go on here.

Other noders, as well as my, ten year anniversary passing with little or no notice, but really, whose left to remember us?

When Jet-Poop nuked guest user.

A lot of folks who I trusted as friends skewering me in the gods group for what they assumed were my beliefs. There was some equivocation, a request for the thread to be deleted, only one apology and of course, forgiveness. It was a harsh reality check and brought home to me how many supposedly friends and tolerant people here are selective with their tolerances. It's okay to make fun one group of people, but not others. That's a double standard, I'm tired of reading it and not writing anymore here, limits my being subjected to it.

Smurfs.

Reading etouffee's latest poem. They're like opening a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Making Cocoa for Kingsley Amis's trip around the world. Thank you Deb for taking that on.

Seeing grundoon's breathtaking picture for the ninjagirls' calendar to raise money for breast cancer awareness. What courage.

The support I got from the users when both of my dogs died within weeks of each other. No writing here has ever touched me as deeply. Thanks, Grouch.

8. What keeps you coming back?

It was a sad day when I removed my E2 homenode as my browser's homepage and relegated it to a file to be opened occasionally. I come back to move my content to my blog. I keep a list of what has been moved bookmarked in my homenode. I haven't decided yet if I want to remove it from E2 or to just let be. The database it riddled like Swiss cheese where content has been removed and very little is being replaced at any kind of significant rate. Leaving mine here to prevent further erosion is no longer a valid reason to me.

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

To be honest, it no longer concerns me. Since I was declared a statically hegemonic outlier and most of my carrots taken away when they reduced the number of C!'s I could use and reordered the user's list, there is very little motivation for me as a veteran noder to be here. Ordering the user's list by XP was important to me and while it may have been discouraging to some new users, many others would see my name near the top of the list, stop by and ask me for help. I have yet to see any feedback as to how this has helped or harmed E2 in the past nine months. I guess they're still fretting about appeasement.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

Like the bacteria that have lived and died in their respective Petri dishes, E2, today, has become nothing more to me than an observable experiment by a series of students taking a class at a far away University while studying social interactions in an on line community.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

I've offered up innumerable ideas, all of which were discarded. Based on that experience, it's pretty much moot to try to keep answering this.

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Too many to mention. Would answering this bring any of them back?

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

The Red Shirted Ensign

14. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

I think you covered it pretty well JP and thanks for reading Gentle Noders. Happy Birthday E2, I wish you all the best; keep on truckin'.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Lometa or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.