1. What is your name? 

I am Jeremiah.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately? 

If you would have told me ten years ago that I was going to be a car salesman in Idaho I would have looked at you disapprovingly, an expression of incredulous disbelief the only response.

I spent a long time in the US Army playing cowboys and ninjas, jumping out of planes and walking. A lot. I got married in Texas and got divorced in a hurry. I worked construction in the flatlands and demolition in the mountains. I grew a bad-ass mustache and was a bouncer in a few bars. I worked as a cowboy in the wastelands and then hitch-hiked 600 miles to meet a city-girl. I got married again, in Hawaii this time. I have two little kids now, Toe and Moose, and an English Bulldog named Hoob.  

Lately I have completely immersed myself in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, rifle cartridge reloading, hot yoga, and hiking. I say hiking but what I really mean is I spend my free time in a painful and grueling trail running routine with ridiculous amounts of weight strapped to my back.    

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder? 

I found a link here from Rotten.com.

I think I was watching faces of death or some other heinous shit like that.

I wouldn't really call myself a noder yet. I have only written a (painfully) few nodes.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders? 

This is a hard interview, dude. 

I want to take this opportunity to stick my jaw out so my lower teeth show over my upper lip and then shake a clenched fist at ToasterLeavings. Dude, I get it, but damn it man!

How Robots Write Poetry and Your job is to find kitten. This task is complicated by the existence of various things which are not kitten.

I have been alone while I was with many girls

The future like a corpse in snow

The Astronaut Gets Lucky and Happy Birthday From Planet Motherfucker

The first C! I ever gave was for On she went. The woods were deep and still.

I hate talking about my own stuff, but if I had to pick I'd say The Frozen Beef Marinade of '77, The Apples and Bananas Song and White ball, Yellow ball.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history? 

I liked that word galaxy thing. I don't know what everyone's issue with it was.

I didn't like Ack! You lost 99 XP! You are never going to get to level 2! but I think it was a good system, wouldn't mind if it was like that again, but this places is never the same for too long anyway.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)? 

There is a whole world of enchanting stories and gripping tales out there, but this place has a high concentration of ready-to-serve reading lightly sprinkled with shit that is unexplainable at best. E2 is the real Wheel of Surprise.

I was gone for a while at work. Glad to be back.

7. What do you hope for E2's future? 

More members. An app for iPhone.

8. What does E2 mean to you? 

E2 is opportunity. It's the sidewalk.

Noders are the pedestrians passing by on their way to wherever their lives are taking them.

E2 is the guitar, the stool, and the tip jar. The song is yours.

Some people stop and listen to you play, drop a quarter in your jar, or if you caught them on a good day, a dollar.

3 of them will always wipe a fucking booger on your hat while you sing but it's the same 3 people and they don't count anyway. 

E2 is a better audience than the people in the office or down the hall.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most? 

They know who they are, and if they don't, it's because they don't come around here much anymore.

A complete list is available on my Ching!Chang!Potato! Section of my home node.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie? 

I promised the part to Tom Hardy already. He'd be devastated if I let someone else play me.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world.

A 24hr bookstore at midnight.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

You could ask for an explanation about people's screen names.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact TerribleAspect or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.