1. What is your name? 

lizardinlaw and Katherine Temple Ottaway

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately? 

female, US, born in Knoxville, Tennessee, then to upstate New York...school...now in Washington State and 25 years as a rural family practice physician

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder

It's my sister's fault. Grundoon kept talking about this site. I thought social media was a horror. However, I love to write. She told me on the plane that she was flying to be handfasted to some God Noder. It was her cancer that got me on the site: I was trying to see more of her. She and wertperch helped me set up my name and post my first writeup at their house at Christmas. 

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders? 

You know how sometimes you LOVE horrible things? Like if you loved twinkies as a kid? So sometimes I love things because they are wonderful and sometimes I love things because they are fabulously horrible: I am thinking of my Abby Bunny limerick. Nuf said

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history? 

Least favorite: Watching one side of a family lawsuit build up on the site. Only one side of the story was represented. I had my account locked and I closed my Facebook account so that I would keep my mouth shut. I lost a significant part of my family in that lawsuit and the fallout continues. It is not the fault of the site in any way, but I hope that everyone will be careful if only one version or side of a story is present. Also, my sister had 7 brain tumors, chemo, brain radiation x 3 and multiple drugs, so her mind changed. Watching the campaign is a bit like reliving the family battle, in that the sides are so far from each other. Unreal.

Favorite: when grundoon and I were in the catbox together and someone said, you two are like sisters.... before we'd confessed. Also the catbox flooded once. And the surprise of my prose about medicine and the introverted thinker/extroverted feeler series getting positive feedback. And friends in far places.....

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)? 

I came on the site to be with my sister. Grundoon said, "They hate poetry, you'll have to have a thick skin." I come back because I miss her so much and because there were some people who stood neutral or listened and because I love to write. It's also open if I am awake at 3 am. "Where everybody knows your name" ha, ha. 

7. What do you hope for E2's future? 

I honestly hope it doesn't die. I panicked once and downloaded every conversation that grundoon and I had and I have copies of all her posted write ups. 

8. What does E2 mean to you? 

Sadness is the first thing that comes to mind. But friendships and we can't be happy unless we can grieve too. And it's been a fabulous place to mess around and experiment with writing.

9. Who are your favorite noders? 

Now I am going to go all shy. (blush) I'm not telling. I throw C's like confetti. I worked hard this iron noder to get more GP to buy extra C's and stars and sanctifications...

Which ones do you miss the most? 

grundoon, wertperch and dannye. Lately moeyz.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie? 

Lilith

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world." 

a neuron

grundoon said E2 is like a brain, with the nodes being neurons linked together

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

What is your passion?

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact lizardinlaw or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.