A song/rhyme that Cub Scouts sing/chant (in the UK, and possibly in other countries as well,) around big campfires at camps where there are other Cub Scout packs from other parts of the country. It serves both to inform the Cubs that there is a world outside their village, and to give them a sense of pride in their own community, at the same time as raising their patriotic spirits.

It goes like this. The leader of the pack sings a line, and then the whole pack repeats it together. The first five lines are sung fairly tunefully, the final two are shouted.

Everywhere we go!
Everywhere we go!

People always ask us,
People always ask us,

Who we are!
Who we are!

and where we come from.
and where we come from

And we tell them;
And we tell them;

We come from (INSERT NAME OF VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY)!
We come from (INSERT NAME OF VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY)!

Mighty, Mighty (INSERT NAME OF VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY)!
Mighty, Mighty (INSERT NAME OF VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY)!


It works best if the place name sounds fairly boring and has two syllables, like my own hometown Bedford. One can only have pity on the poor boys who try and shout out We come from Merthyr Tydfil! Mighty Mighty Merthyr Tydfil!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.