The star of the manga and anime Excel Saga. Last name Excel, given name Excel, in other words, Excel. Goes by the name Hanako Dosukoi. Seems to always be going to a new part time job, presumably because ACROSS doesn't pay very well. Voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono in the Japanese version, and dubbed in English by Jessica Calvello.

The Microsoft Office family of software contains a program called Excel. It is a spreadsheet tool that allows you to perform anything from simple calculations to create complex combinations of tables to use for budget presentations and everything else you need to figure out by numbers. Graphical charts can be generated based on columns and rows, formulas and macros in the spreadsheet. If money is an issue, I’d consider OpenOffice’s Calc (from www.openoffice.org), which is free software that can do most of the same tasks as MS Excel. It’s also compatible with MS Excel, meaning you can work with an Excel spreadsheet in Calc, and save it as either Calc or Excel format.

Ex*cel" (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Excelled(?); p. pr. & vb. n. Excelling.] [L. excellere, excelsum; ex out + a root found in culmen height, top; cf. F. exceller. See Culminate, Column.]

1.

To go beyond or surpass in good qualities or laudable deeds; to outdo or outgo, in a good sense.

Excelling others, these were great; Thou, greater still, must these excel. Prior.

I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness. Eccl. ii. 13.

2.

To exceed or go beyond; to surpass.

She opened; but to shut Excelled her power; the gates wide open stood. Milton.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ex*cel", v. i.

To surpass others in good qualities, laudable actions, or acquirements; to be distinguished by superiority; as, to excel in mathematics, or classics.

Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel. Gen. xlix. 4.

Then peers grew proud in horsemanship t' excel. Pope.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.