FASCISM AND OPPRESSION - KNOW THE SIGNS!

SCAPEGOATING - Blaming social problems on a cultural, racial, or behavioral group.

PREJUDICE - Convincing the public that all members of the targeted group are "bad" people.

LIES - "Facts" which cannot be verified and pseudo-scientific studies used as propaganda against the targeted group. History rewritten.

LACK OF PUBLIC DEBATE - "These people have no right to have their viewpoint aired." or maybe "Anyone who disagrees or questions us must be one of them."

DEHUMANIZATION - Characterizing all members of the target group as subhuman and typically capable of monstrous deeds and crimes.

A FACADE OF "PROTECTING THE CHILDREN" - Offering protection from those who would "corrupt, seduce, and destroy" our children.

CIVIL LIBERTIES SACRIFICED - "We must give up some of our freedom, liberty, and rights in order to combat this menace to society."

LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION - Laws criminalize members of the targeted group who may be denied work, education, the right to own property, or may be restricted to where they go.

INFORMERS RECRUITED - Citizens urged to "turn in" their neighbors, friends, co-workers, and even family members.

SECRET POLICE - Non-uniformed police squads set up to wage war on the targeted group utilizing deception, infiltration, espionage, and entrapment.

CONFISCATION OF PROPERTY - Property and assets of members of the targeted group are seized. Property may be divided between the informer and the state.

REMOVAL FROM SOCIETY - Prisons, "hospitals," "rehabilitation camps," executions, genocide.





RECOGNIZE THE "WAR ON DRUGS" FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS!


Recently, during my mother's move to a new house, I found a box full of paper and whatnot from high school, probably saved from a locker cleaning. Among them was a copy of the propaganda above. During my senior year, I had this in a WordPerfect file in a hidden account, and printed out copies of it now and again when nobody was paying attention. I then tacked (with thumb tacks bought specifically for the purpose) them on to bulletin boards in every room I could, while making sure that no teacher saw me. The results were as good as can be expected; one teacher yelled at the class because somebody kept putting these on the wall, while another pretended not to notice the bulletin's presence, letting it stay up the whole year. Once I managed to sneak one into a glass-cased bulletin board, where it stayed for a month beside the school's lunch menu.

The idea for the bulletin, and much of the text, was taken from some old-school BBS text file, which was authored by one Ian Goddard and adapted by myself. If Ian wants it gone from here, he can tell me and I will submit a nuke request. Thanks to General Wesc for the clue-in about this piece's author.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.