Looks like another day in hell. I finished my book and started on another. Work is boring and unfulfilling, just how I like it. I put up the "coming soon(we are lazy)" image on our web design companies webpages. I did them in 15 minutes, so no laughing.
http://www.dreamfilter.com
and
http://www.rejects.net
Accidentally shaved off one half of my beard in the shower today. The scary thing is, there's still so much left I don't think anybody is going to notice.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

Welp, it was time for work again. And damnit, but they put me in the bottle return again. It wasn't so bad this time, since I actually had help today. Specifically, it was the most experienced Bottle Returns person we have. And it wasn't busy for a Thursday.

Classes begin at 3:30. I leave at 2:30. I'll prolly doze off in class and lose track of things. I hate work.

I'm surprised at how well things are going for me today. First I learned that I was accepted as a research intern for the summer. If that wasn't exciting enough, the internship is all the way on the other side of the country so I don't have to stay in New Jersey all summer!! Then I went off to classes, just to find out the first two of the day were cancelled. I'm getting worried now, though. Things NEVER go this well for me. Knowing my luck I'll get pulled over by a cop on my way home or my car will decide to die on me...

sigh

I'm feeling rather down, because my friend, Erin, lost her grandmother today. Sorrow is very contagious. I tried my best to help her find an airfare she could afford to go up to Colorado for the weekend, but there wasn't any such ticket with any of the online travel agents I knew of. She said she'd call a local agent on the phone.

I wanted to hug her and let her know how sorry I felt for her, but proper decorum dictated otherwise, being in the computer lab and not being known for being an empathic person. It actually put her off that I was being "so nice" to her "for a change."

I've never had to deal with the death of a close relative... the only deaths I've had to deal with are various pets I've felt incredibly close to, and my paternal grandmother who I never felt at all close to, and she died when I was young and just thought of her as some crotchety old woman, not as someone I could be friends with later in life were she still alive.

Right now's a shitty time to have some family emergency happen though. These two weeks are midterm time, and Erin has three of them next week. She understandably feels that she'd rather stay at home for all of next week, and I reminded her that the university has a policy that for such circumstances, the professors are required to accomodate the student with a make-up exam.

I hope things work out for her.

Does anyone else find it vaguely creepy when e2 stuff shows up in Google? (especially stuff you wrote yourself...)

I just saw a film called Nu Shu. I'll write it up when I can. I should also write up the Alternative Press Expo. It was a lot of fun.

I'm training the docents at work to use the net. Most of them are over 60, some as old as 90+. A few are already experienced computer users, but others are still new to the idea of a mouse. I like them, so it should be a fun project.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.