Yet another government agency, this time a four-letter one as opposed to three letters. Their mission statement (from their website) is "to reduce loss of life and property and protect our nation's critical infrastructure from all types of hazards through a comprehensive, risk-based, emergency management program of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.

This organization reports only to the President of the United States, and is completely independent of the Federal government.

FEMA is most widely-known for using black helicopters during their "operations", and is the source of many conspiracy theories.

FEMA, as LukeyBoy points out, is often on the mind of conspiracy theorists and those who don't think the U.S. Government is all sunshine and roses.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the following information about FEMA, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a some of it were true. So gather 'round, close the blinds, unplug the phones, wrap tinfoil 'round your head and listen up good. But remember: there is no conspiracy.


FEMA controls Mt. Weather, a site in northern Virginia which, among other things, houses a massive underground shelter (complete with mass transit system). This shelter is intended to protect members of the U.S. Government (and "others") in case of a nuclear war or other catastrophic disaster. Mt. Weather is also known as the Western Virginia Office of Controlled Conflict Operations. FEMA manages this site under its mandate to maintain "continuity of government" in case of an emergency, which was the Agency's original purpose.

FEMA manages "concentration camps" for political dissidents and undesirables at these locations:
Ft. Chaffee, Arkansas; Ft. Drum, New York; Ft. Indian Gap, Pennsylvania; Camp A. P. Hill, Virginia; Oakdale, California; Eglin Air Force Base, Florida; Vendenberg AFB, California; Ft. Mc Coy, Wisconsin; Ft. Benning, Georgia; Ft. Huachuca, Arizona; Camp Krome, Florida.
According to Paul DiRienzo and Bill Weinberg (no, I don't know who they are), "A 1986 Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) document entitled "Alien Terrorists and Other Undesirables: A Contingency Plan" outlines the potential round-up and incarceration in mass detainment camps of U.S. residents who are citizens of "terrorist" countries, chiefly in the Middle East. This plan echoed a 1984 FEMA nationwide 'readiness exercise' code-named REX-84 ALPHA, which included the rehearsal of joint operations with the INS to round up 40,000 Central American refugees in the event of a U.S. invasion of the region. One of the 10 military bases established as detainment camps by REX-84 ALPHA, Camp Krome, Fla., was designated a joint FEMA-Immigration service interrogation center."

According to The Konformist Newswire, FEMA has the power to suspend laws, move entire populations, arrest and detain citizens without a warrant and hold them without trial, it can seize property, food supplies, transportation systems, and can suspend the Constitution.


A drop in the bucket. According to those "in the know", FEMA is essentially the Antichrist. It is true that FEMA has sweeping powers in emergency situations that resemble the imposition of martial law but, like all "conspiracies", the ones regarding FEMA tend to incorporate far too many people to be feasible.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.