"What is cold, blue and doesn't move? A dead baby in your freezer."Apologies to anyone who isn't a fan of black humor or dead baby jokes, or that particular dead baby joke.)

"Sweet home, Alabama (oh)
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home, Alabama
Lord, I'm comin' home to you"
-"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

--------------------------

I'm feeling blue today. Not teal, turquoise, robin's egg, or navy. Or magenta for that matter. But today I'm feeling blue. Don't worry, I'm not depressed or anything. I'm just feeling blue.

I'm a "Green" in name (I don't mind being a "Green" but as far as names go it's just so godawful boring). My first name isn't as common but it is still pretty "wonder bread"ish.

I hate "salmon" with a vengeance. I volunteered at a middle school office once and was occasionally required to retrieve colored printing paper from a storeroom. Screw salmon. It's not a color, it's a travesty of justice. Whoever invented salmon is right up there with whoever invented salted caramel ice cream. I can't imagine what sour chocolate pasta would taste like. But I'll never invent it because I'm not a monster.

I love blue. I'd love to have the nickname "blue" but I don't (I don't have blue waffle disease, either. Just in case you were wondering.). The walls in my house are blue. But they're a blue that is depressingly generic. I hope someday to repaint them "electric blue".

According to one source* supposedly "wearing blue communicates loyalty and stability". I have blue clothing. But I'm a treacherous and demented bastard. So I'm not sure my blue clothing really communicates "loyalty and stability".

If you're reading this I hope you like the color blue, too. And that you're not depressed. Or Violet Beauregarde. I wish Willy Wonka's chewing gum that turned her blue had caused her to explode. Regardless, I hope you like blue too.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. I love violets and blue. I hope you do too.

Here's to you, blue.

*"How Does The Color Of Your Clothing Affect Your Mood?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.