A product line produced by Primalco Ltd in a small town called Rajamäki in Finland. The classic Finlandia Vodka (40 vol%), sold in the melting ice -style bottles, was introduced in 1970 and launched to the US market in 1971. Later in the 1970's a certain famous agent made the interest in vodkas rise in the Western world, also helping Finlandia Vodka to gain more sales. Later additions to the line are Finlandia Cranberry in 1994 and the Finlandia "21", "The Ultimate Vodka of the 21st Century" in 1997. The ingredients used to make the vodkas are pure spring water and barley, the impurities are removed by distilling the raw ethanol hundreds of times. A Finnish company Fazer also makes Finlandia Vodka Chocolates which have a small amount of the vodka inside.

Some Finlandia Vodka drinks:

Imperial Cooler
2 cl Finlandia Vodka
2 cl Mandarine Napoléon liqueur
8 cl squeezed orange juice
soda water

Shake, pour into a collins glass and fill up with soda.

Avalon
3 cl Finlandia Vodka
1 cl Pisang Ambon liqueur
6 cl apple juice
1.5 cl lemon juice
Sprite, 7up or other soda

Shake, pour into a collins glass and fill up with soda. Garnish with a cucumber peel spiral and a red cherry.

See www.finlandiavodka.com for more information and drink recipes.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.