Every month we have a little art show/party we throw here in Las Vegas and it's on the first Friday of that month. It's been a while since I've been to one, but if you are at all disposed to look at art, people watch, or have a good time, I'd recommend it.

I was curious what would happen if I googled "First Friday" so I did, and there is a web page with a better description of what goes on there than I'm going to provide here. Then I checked the wiki and found out that other cities around the country have these artsy First Friday events. Now I'm wondering if the Vegas site came up first when I googled because Vegas has the most popular website for their event, or if it came up first because google basically knows I live in Vegas.

Anyway, I wanted to write about First Friday because I hear people say that Las Vegas has no culture. I think it's just a function of this town being a lot younger than other towns, and also it is designed to accommodate the whole world, not building it's own feel.

Vegas IS a black hole sucking the worlds money into it. Maybe I just don't know what culture means. Anyway, I bet the people who do would count First Friday as culturiffic if they ever went to one.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.