Fort Bragg is the home of the Airborne and the United States Army Special Operations Command. It is located just outside Fayetteville, North Carolina. Pope Air Force Base is adjacent to the base, and provides most of the aircraft that paratroopers jump out of.

Fort Bragg's Mission is to maintain the XVIII Airborne Corps as a strategic crisis response force, manned and trained to deploy rapidly by air, sea and land anywhere in the world, prepared to fight upon arrival and win.

Aside from XVIII Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg is home to the 82nd Airborne Division, several Special Operations groups, 1st Corps Support Command, XVIII Airborne Corps Artillery, the 35th Signal Brigade, and other units. The total population of Fort Bragg is approximately 45,000 soldiers, making it one of the largest Army installations in the US.

Fort Bragg has a long and distinguished past. The base is named after Braxton Bragg, a Confederate general who fought in the Civil War. Camp Mackall, located nearby, was the training grounds for most of the airborne soldiers who fought in World War II, but only after graduating from Airborne School.

The base continues to be a training ground for the elite forces in the United States Army, and at any given time has soldiers deployed across the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.